January Banter and Location

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido, check your fleet vison and look at the COLORS CODES of the boxes....:D

They will only call if there is no other unit in the area and they need a truck....but it can be a long wait...I'll be in service by midnight tonight....:)

So let me get this straight, so I have a full and complete, correct understanding of this-
If I am in service, unconfirmed, does that mean they can call and offer me a load, but because I am in "unconfirmed" status,if I refuse the load politely, it will not show up as a turn down?

So does leave me or give me the ability to pick and choose loads as they come?

I understand that we are a non-forced dispatch, and a very fair one at that,and that we have this right to refuse a load when in service, even though it is best to take what we get offered, because, as we all know, the crap loads usually will take us to the mother load, so to speak.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but, ....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do not stay in service unconfirmed. Your chances of getting a load offer are very slim. Most likely it would only be if a customer called needing a truck in your area with no one else around. They won't be bidding loads for a person with that status.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting to get this van deal done so I can finally be an O/O...I hope its done by the end of this week tired of sitting at this house...Ready to roll...

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Happy New Year all. Well, just about ready to get back on the road. Had the last of appointments today. Starting to stock the van.

I have 30k miles on the original Continental tires. Tread is good. How are these tires for snow? Debating on whether to buy snow tires for the rear or 4 michelins ms2's. Any suggestions. Thanks

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Hi Scott, how ya been? Are the mic's good in the snow. I'm thinking more in the way of ramps and shipper/rcvr lots that may not be cleared. The Michelin web has a disclaimer "not for heavy snow".

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always run them year round without a problem but others like dedicated winter tires.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Xiggi wrote:

Do not stay in service unconfirmed. Your chances of getting a load offer are very slim. Most likely it would only be if a customer called needing a truck in your area with no one else around. They won't be bidding loads for a person with that status.

Bingo!!!

Guido...Xiggi hit it right on the head...I only do this when there is something going on that i want to be a part of, but if dispatch calls, then i am ok to go, and i am also NOT building "dwell" time...

As for turning down a offer and not having it written up as a "turndown",,,I have no idea...if dispatch calls me when I am "in service unconfirmed" (and they have) they are in need of a truck, and i haven't ever turned them down in that situation.....as a matter of fact, i can count on 1 hand the load offers i have turned down in the 2011....I just don't do it unless it is a safety issue such as a lack of sleep or I really can't do it because of personal circumstances that have nothing to do with business....Like meeting my accountant to do mytax return in OCTOBER....:D

Last edited: