January 2013 locations

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in the waiting room at FYDA Freightliner. going from Huntsville AL to Painesville OH truck developed A bad air leak it would maintain A safe air pressure but you could see it drop rapidly and build back up when the compressor kicked in. you could hear it leaking out of the parking brake valve but when I got to FYDA and applied parking brake it stops. I think its A brake chamber. luckily my drop off time is 2:30p.m. tomorrow.
If it is a brake chamber, my suggestion would be to budget and plan over the next few weeks to have them all at least looked at. I would probably replace them all. They are not terribly expensive, but they are a pretty darn important part of the braking system :). I've always just used the philosophy that once one part goes bad, the other identical parts are probably not far behind it. The few times that I failed to act on that philosophy ended up costing me more money and aggravation than if I had just had them all replaced at once.

My dumbest move in the straight truck? I had ONE injector replaced. Long story...it made sense until I saw the bill!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered this afternoon in Philly. Have a Mon load from ON to MN. At the Petro in Waterloo, NY for tonight.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Sitting in hotel in Jacksonville FLorida after the 2nd day of Landstars BCO days good steak dinner , entertainment and door prizes.

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
Got a load from porterdale GA for a Saturday delivery in Madison Wisconsin..wow another week in the books.

mohawk

Active Expediter
Sitting at the pilot in colonial heights, va. I wanna go back to Texas at least it was warm there lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using EO Forums mobile app

Dedic8edDave

Active Expediter
Sitting in the waiting room at FYDA Freightliner. going from Huntsville AL to Painesville OH truck developed A bad air leak it would maintain A safe air pressure but you could see it drop rapidly and build back up when the compressor kicked in. you could hear it leaking out of the parking brake valve but when I got to FYDA and applied parking brake it stops. I think its A brake chamber. luckily my drop off time is 2:30p.m. tomorrow.

We hope it's nothing too serious or expensive. Good luck!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Back in service. Had a #5 plug that had some condensation in it. On a load from Washington, PA to Sapulpa, OK then final stop in Louisiana.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No it's from the extreme cold weather. Temps reached -5 overnight and the mechanic replaced the boot. Everything is running good so far and I'm out in Sullivan, MO.

Wow, you're close to my house... Driving straight thru???

Last edited:

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Two runs this week . Right at 3000 miles not bad. One from huntsville al to Santa Fe nm with a stop off il Peoria il first then the load I'm about to drop El Paso to Smyrna tn. Then back home tonight till the next one

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
Since no load out of wisconsin,We decided to dead head home and recoupe for a day or 2, Back at on tuesday.But this time I will be going solo. Wife is not feeling very good and also needs to get year end stuff done....