January 2011 Location

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I thought about heading there tomorrow morning if I dont get a load.

But I just got over being sick with the flu. I have never had the flu this bad. Was in the hospital all day and they ran a bunch of tests and ran an IV. I was talking out of my head and when asked if I knew where I was I started blabbing and talking about dinner rolls.

Oh my .... you must have had a high temperature (or just really bad dinner rolls LOL)

Be great if you do make it .... we could discuss your "blabblings" a bit more over a cup of tea :p:D

guido4475

Not a Member
Got a shortie from Chicago to Toledo, unloaded this morning.Came up here to Taylor...Supposed to snow tonight, from what I hear. Load One is like a beehive, always something going on..Progress in motion.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Oh my .... you must have had a high temperature (or just really bad dinner rolls LOL)

Be great if you do make it .... we could discuss your "blabblings" a bit more over a cup of tea :p:D

More than likely I will be there.

My temp was 100 if im not mistaking. But they couldnt explain why I was acting so weird. But when I left the hospital 2 days after Christmas it took about 2 days to snap out of it and I was normal after that other than being weak and a little cough. :confused:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On the road agin........................................:D

Headin from the east coast to vegas...........
C'mon, Papa needs a new set of guitar string ( attached to a new guitar ).:D:D:p

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
well. here at home in mattoon, il the snow is currently coming down at a good pace. they say only 3-6" we will see. back out after this snow ends. I-57/70 corridor around here could be a little slick. be safe. my location is just 27 mi north of effingham, il for those that dont know where mattoon is. of course who would and for what reason ?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Still sitting here at home getting ready to dump a bunch of money into the van. Gonna replace a bunch of stuff like the alternator, idle tensioners, serpantine belt, brakes, rotors and pads, replace transmission filter, and shocks. Gonna get the road warrior ready for a good 2011 run. Already dropped 400 on the tranny flush, oil change, differential service, coolant flush, air filter, and windshield wiper blades. I'm gonna take her over and get my windows tinted also and put another 600 dollars into restoring the paints original shine and to remove some pesky glue spots where the old plumber decals used to be. I'm tired of driving this thing around looking dull and drab.

Then i'm gonna get the deep cycle batteries hooked up by an audio installation shop and hook up a nice galaxy CB and a few other accessories like the inside panneling to cover over the foam insulation that I installed 2 weeks ago. The van is gonna look really nice when it's all said and done. Then while the old battle ax is in the shop getting spruced up for 2011 I will be in the dentist chair off and on for 2 weeks getting my chompers cleaned up and ready for the new year. Feels good to finally not have a sore throat. I hope the rest of you are doing well out there braving the winter elements.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
got a shorty, New Buffalo Mi to Saginaw Mi...but it is a big 3 skid load, so the bunk is folded up...on the other hand, they pd enough for a hotel room and still get over a buck a mile....so if i can't get it unloaded tonight, its a warm room on a cold snowy night,,,:D

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Hello fellow expediters. It's been awhile since I last posted. I ran into some financial difficulties and had to take a break from expediting, and get a regular job with a steady paycheck. I have been keeping up with all the banter on here and have picked up some good tips for when I resume expediting. I took most of 2009 and all of 2010 off to regroup, refocus and get my van back in order.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I currently reside in the western suburbs of Chicago, off I-80 in the Joliet area. If any fellow drivers ever in the area, and wanna chat over coffee, I'd love to meet, just PM me and we can set something up. Currently I work the midnight shift as security/first-aid responder, at a local steel mill and we have a big secure lot so if you ever need a safe place to sleep in Joliet, let me know. Drive Safe...RedBird aka Blue Jay Delivery Service!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Currently I work the midnight shift as security/first-aid responder, at a local steel mill and we have a big secure lot so if you ever need a safe place to sleep in Joliet, let me know.
Joliet being kind of short of secure places to park, that's a welcome offer - thank you.
RedBird aka Blue Jay Delivery Service!
Red and blue - got all the bases covered, eh? :D

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
TA in London OH.

Met Charlie (Load 1) just before we left Monroe - that was fun :p

Seems I gained the nickname "English" during our chat this morning ROFL :D:D

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
In Maron Indiana waiting on these salt trucks to get busy. They just left from the loves. Roads were a little rough till I got here then ran into ice. Headed to Columbus Indiana for an early morning delivery.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

johnf

Seasoned Expediter
Here in Boston MA in a blizzard thank god im home OOS until this storm passes its not safe out here at all.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered this morning in Gadsen, AL. Sitting at the Petro right now. Have a pick up tomorrow afternoon near Atlanta heading for Louisiana.