January 2011 Location

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Joe, hopefully you are luckier than me. I never had a load cancel when I wanted it to cancel. Be safe.

We might just luck out. With this late afternoon pick up it might have a chance to clear up a bit. We will just take it slow or stop if we have too.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got a little shorty ... Monroe to Melvindale :D

WOW!! Kinda amazing. I live near Monroe now and the first place we lived in after I was born was in Melvindale!! The mind boggles!!

Just a side note on the Melvindale place. It was an "upper flat" on Dora Street. It is no longer there. During the Viet Nam war the resident of the place did not want to go. SO, he blew himself and the flat to smithereens!!

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
WOW!! Kinda amazing. I live near Monroe now and the first place we lived in after I was born was in Melvindale!! The mind boggles!!

Just a side note on the Melvindale place. It was an "upper flat" on Dora Street. It is no longer there. During the Viet Nam war the resident of the place did not want to go. SO, he blew himself and the flat to smithereens!!

:(

Just unloading now.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Greater Detroit. 3000 miles in four days. Delivered one 66 hours early and the second 17 hours early. The kind of load planning I love. A cushion and still allowed to run. Good night.

eb

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wait a minute!! When that Bolt driver died in that accident a while back, there were people saying Bolt didn't give their driver enough time to run their lods safely, and they didn't let their drivers have enough sleep time (neither of which were true then or now) and, and....:rolleyes:

Congrats on a Great start to the new year!!:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Our first load cancelled. We are now in Front Royal, VA. Pick up here in the morning, headed down for AL. Seems like everything is headed down that way. The extra day should make a difference.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
AHHHHH!!! Wish I was home, a home cooked meal does wonders when you are sick. TA food sucks to say the least.

Well no worries on that score as I haven't felt like eating today :(

It actually does surprise me that we don't all get "sick" more often with all the different clmates/temperatures we are in each day. Last time I was down with anything was just over a year ago.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well no worries on that score as I haven't felt like eating today :(

It actually does surprise me that we don't all get "sick" more often with all the different clmates/temperatures we are in each day. Last time I was down with anything was just over a year ago.

My homemade chicken soup cures all!! Getting sick on the road is not a good thing. We have been lucky so far. Only a few minor things. Rest up.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
TA in Monroe - which actually has been good cos I've not felt very well today at all (everybody go Ahhh) :p

I thought about heading there tomorrow morning if I dont get a load.

But I just got over being sick with the flu. I have never had the flu this bad. Was in the hospital all day and they ran a bunch of tests and ran an IV. I was talking out of my head and when asked if I knew where I was I started blabbing and talking about dinner rolls.