January 2010 Location

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Stuck in Roanoke for the weekend. We had over a foot of snow here. Have a load for tomorrow morning to Detroit. Hopefully the road clear enough to get to the interstate, otherwise my sprinter won't make it.

PS. Not to bad to be stuck in a place if you are stuck with some good friends. Had fun a lot of fun this weekend.

Arrived earlier in Roanoke [s on 81], roads are good - the sun melted most all the snow.
The TA is a slushy mess, though!:mad:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Bankruptcy doesn't mean an end to your credit, although it might be harder now to get credit due to the economy, after my bankruptcy almost 15 years ago I started rebuilding it and now have a mid 700 credit score. So it is possible to recover from bankruptcy

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I had a 685 for a long time and then my wife said I will apply for a credit card just in case and before I know it ... it's in the sh*tter again.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I had a 685 for a long time and then my wife said I will apply for a credit card just in case and before I know it ... it's in the sh*tter again.

We were penalized because we had too many credit cards!! Had to actually cancel a few..there was no balance on them they were just in case cards.

The official reason was: We had too much potential for future debt!!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We were penalized because we had too many credit cards!! Had to actually cancel a few..there was no balance on them they were just in case cards.

The official reason was: We had too much potential for future debt!!

Also, if you have charges totalling more than 50% of your total credit limit, it can effect your score

guido4475

Not a Member
I had went bankrupt in 1991, when I got married, because of my finacial stupidity.So I paid cash for everything for a long time which didnt help matters, either.Fortunately, I had freinds who had alot of faith and trust in me so they would buy a truck and we had a sweet lease purchase plan. Did this for a number of years, and the last truck was the one I spec'd out with a 98" sleeper with everything imaginable on it as far as options, generator, etc.Worked my but off and paid it off early, took a letter of reference along with the 35,000 to the Kenworth dealer and got another one, on my own, finaced through Paccar,paid it off early, then bought another one, then freight slowed, along with everything else, and now I am sort of back to the begining, but not as bad,just not in as much debt.Fortunately, I was able to pay cash for the van.I'll get it all back, it will just take more time and hard work.TJP, don't underestimate yourself, a van WILL happen for you, when you least expect it.Good vans are still out there for 5,000 I love mine and couldnt be happier with it.Sometimes newer is not always better.

guido4475

Not a Member
Turning off the light on January, for most of us it's been a pretty good month:D:cool:

Just did my numbers for the month of January, and it sucked bigtime!! Hopefully February is better.But at least I was not in the red for the month after expenses.May be time to sell my body for extra income....LOL.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Just did my numbers for the month of January, and it sucked bigtime!! Hopefully February is better.But at least I was not in the red for the month after expenses.May be time to sell my body for extra income....LOL.

Not sure how I did yet but I was busy, I won't know the final number for at least two weeks, when pay sheets come in.
I drove over 5000 miles and spent $1780 on Diesel :eek: so it better be good LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure how I did yet but I was busy, I won't know the final number for at least two weeks, when pay sheets come in.
I drove over 5000 miles and spent $1780 on Diesel :eek: so it better be good LOL

Wow..thats about 35% for fuel..your gross had better be around 10,000$$ that would be 17%

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Wow..thats about 35% for fuel..your gross had better be around 10,000$$ that would be 17%

Fuel is my largest expense every month
I doubt my gross will be that high, fuel is nearly 40% of my gross
I'm seriously thinking about getting into a diesel cube van or regular cargo van. Already talked to Towne Air and they would have daily use for me in a cube, since a guy is retiring. Something to consider
A diesel Ford cube gets about 17

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Fuel is my largest expense every month
I doubt my gross will be that high, fuel is nearly 40% of my gross
I'm seriously thinking about getting into a diesel cube van or regular cargo van. Already talked to Towne Air and they would have daily use for me in a cube, since a guy is retiring. Something to consider
A diesel Ford cube gets about 17

14-15 mpg in a diesel cube is more realistic.I know where there is a sweet gmc cube gasser for sale right now.All ready set up with a sleeper, etc. And supposedly at 10,000 gvw dual rear wheels.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
It comes out to 35.6 cents per mile for fuel.712 gallons at $2.50 per gallon,and 7.02 mpg average for the 5,000 miles traveled.

Don't have the actual numbers on this computer, one my other computer. but averaged 7.8mpg and paid an average of $2.70 a gallon, mileage might be a little closer to 5500, but still it is alot for fuel
35 cents a mile seems about right for my straight truck, I think I had it figured around there

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Dakota..I think your business plan needs a little work...;)

I agree with you and have been doing alot of figuring, for what CEVA pays us now I can't afford to run my truck. I have been working for Towne a whole lot more, only thing is most of the stuff I haul could been done in a cube.

Penske has diesel cubes that hold 4000 lbs GVW is higher then 10000 I've heard mileage as high as 17 but guido is probably right on the 14 to 15
the 10000 gvw dually rear cubes are gas and will hold 2500lbs
they get about 10 from my previous experience with them

Even most of the deliveries and pickups I do for Ceva are one to two skids or TV's, exercise equipment, computers. I rarely fill up my 26' truck
Last year I paid all my expenses and had about 1000 a month left over not good at all. I'm hanging in there but barely LOL I'm hoping for a better year since I am working for more than one company presently
Ceva was better but they recently took off liftgate pay and a few other things that make it hard to run for what they are paying.

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
the worst thing for your credit score are your credit cards.even if you owe no money on them,just because the credit is available,its the same as them being used up