January 2010 Location

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
I drive all the way down to Laredo to party with the infamous Flyin J party animal (tjpohio44) and he's not even here? I braved the ice of Arkansas to get here too.....it was bad too. I saw a Conway truck w/double in the ditch the nose of the cab was tryin to see what was in the back of the 2nd trailor. I don't think they're supposed to turn that tight....

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
tjpohio44... was that you I saw in Edinburg,TX at the Flying J last night? A sharp looking black Ford parked next to an equally sharp Panther van?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Yes Sir that was me in that Black Ford Cargo Van my friend...:D Where'd you go???

My carrier alerted me we have freight coming north to Laredo late Sunday/early Monday. One load bound for Chicago, one for Romeo, Michigan and one for Little Rock. I can be found near Laredo ready to snatch freight at exorbitant prices!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Todd..your owner maybe a nice guy..but he is not paying your bills...and it ain;t happening..This is a business not a personality contest...I could deal with a grumpy owner if he kept me busy....oh wait thats me...*L*

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Todd..your owner maybe a nice guy..but he is not paying your bills...and it ain;t happening..This is a business not a personality contest...I could deal with a grumpy owner if he kept me busy....oh wait thats me...*L*

tjpOhio44... I must agree with OVM's advice. While your loyalty and friendship with the owner are admirable, you must look after your own interest first. It pains me to see your predicament. Buy yourself a good used van and sign on with a major carrier. With your work ethic, you deserve better.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
tjpOhio44... I must agree with OVM's advice. While your loyalty and friendship with the owner are admirable, you must look after your own interest first. It pains me to see your predicament. Buy yourself a good used van and sign on with a major carrier. With your work ethic, you deserve better.

At least we agree on work ethics...:D

If Todd could ever catch a break, He'd do well with his own van...:)

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Well augment that with never have a relative work for you.

That's For Sure! When I Bought my FL-70 I was Still Working for the Dept. and Put my Brother-In law in it to run Until I Could Retire. What a Mistake that was, He didn't last 2 Months because all he wanted to do was to be home and "Party" with his Buddies Instead of working! A couple of times I was Called by Dispatch wanting to know if I Had him Go Out of Service because he wasn't answering the Qual Comm Or the Telephone and This was on a Wed.Night! They Pinged the Truck for me and Found that he was Home! The last time we heard from him was that He was in Baltimore on Tuesday Afternoon so he decided to Dead head Home without Telling anyone! It seems that Friends and Relatives will Take Advantage of the Relationship and end up costing you Money! :mad:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which part there Richard?...(since the sensor will not take the nic name)...*LOL*

I had to laugh about that when I mentioned the former VP once. But, lets say the former VP was of Chinese decent and named Harry Wang. Would that be O.K.?

Yep, nothing wrong with that.

Harry Wang...

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
wow to manys rules here on this page.. lol
heyyyyyyyyyyy good morning......

pancakes.jpg

i been up for a while........ and hangin here in the frozen tundra of
St Paul . MN .......
im getting cab in .... fever.. lol
and im not one for wondering the truck stop store.... and besides they allow smoking there. (( cough cough))
im no#2 on the boards here... hope i can get out of there tomorrow.