Jan..2017 locations & more

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember .... PM diesel is called an Automatic ....BUT there is No Park .....only R N D .... you must set parking brake ....
emoji6.png
It is an Automated Manual Transmission, basically, a manual transmission that the computer shifts the gears for you. As a manual, it doesn't have a park, so you can leave it in drive, just like you would leave a manual in 1st gear. This would be the Promaster that I would get if I had to buy one.
I'd be blissfully happy to toss the AMT in the trash and install a european manual, but that would be a great excuse for the mechanics to NOT fix it and blame me on the road

So OVM, the Ford had a special option on the diesel to bring the 9500 GVWR to 9950...3.73 gearing! (Stock 3.31) Basically confirming the weight limit has nothing to do with safety but mostly the durability of the vehicle as a whole...

Last thought of the day...its a 15,000 discount to buy 2 years old with 30,000 miles on the clock...none of those factory options would help the freight get down the road better, it would just pamper my lazy ass
At 9950 you would have to log and scale at Ontario

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At 9950 you would have to log and scale at Ontario
Information collecting is all. Seems like a huge amount of work and money to end up with the same size and weight capacity that's already sitting in my driveway

BTW guess I'm not getting punished, called around to some Canadian expediters and its a traditional slow start to the year for us

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator