Is it slow all over ???

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was concerned that I might have an argument finding time to down my van for needed repairs. So--- of late, no. Seems like the West Coast strike actually caused more work for me rather than less.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
11 loads in the last 10 days. Also not having the time to update my books for the whole month of March should tell how busy I've been.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'd clarify what unit your in first. It can be slow for vans but moving ok for straight trucks.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup some sectors will continue to be busy. But overall, other sector of businesses are being affected. And they are cautious about the spending.

Today Yahoo news:

U.S. private payrolls, factory data point to weak first quarter growth.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's been dependent on areas for us. A typically reasonable area to expect loads can be a dead spot these days. And for multiple days. Then you also can get in a fringe area and expect to have to come out empty but end up loaded. It's weird.
If OVM can get a load right back out of Wichita, anyone can!!!

It's as if expedited freight can be unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deville

Not a Member
My March was below average but I made a living. I'll be home for the Easter holiday and will return to work on Tuesday.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Van and sprinter freight may be slow, but straight truck seems to be holding steady. It's only the 1st.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in a van. Like I was just sayin', I thought I might have a problem getting time to do some maintenance-- it's been that busy.

So-- the answer seems to be "It depends". Who are you driving for, where and so on--- there doesn't seem to be a constant so that you can say "Straights are busy but vans are sitting" because that just ain't so. Some are busy, some are sitting....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Vans were in the middle for the first quarter. Weren't slow, but weren't super busy. The last 4 weeks have seen a nice uptick. I would say hang in there, I am sure your carrier will get you rolling. Sometimes we all get in a little bit of a rut or streak of bad luck.

Reactions: Bruno and Lawrence

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Define...."busy"?

grossing $2,000 - 2,500 a week is not busy to me.... I remember the days of $3k - 4 k a week and an an occasion 5k
1,500 to 2 k was a bad week! Those days appear gone...

Reactions: fenderbender