Is it slow all over ???

vitaminchik

Seasoned Expediter
Ran for two years for Brighton transport was loaded ok, not too busy by any means but not bad. but... cant forget it, all the abuse I went through... it is calm and peace the way I run now, these partners are not abusive they respect you being an owner op. I run not much. last year 59K miles and satisfied with it. Wife works anyways, and after I die will not take the money with me either. nobody did. Simply do not want to run for less than 1.50 for straight.
That was running for a single carrier. dont want trying it again no matter how sweet they say the carrot is.
at the end of everything I dont work big much, just about providing for my self so my wife doesnt have to, and dont want to work more than my need. with that good single carrier it will want me working much. I dont want that, I have been ill for years, couldn't walk for 5 years alone and at the end blood transfusions left me with hep C. just enough for me to live on and i am not looking or wishing for more. simply dont want sitting in vain when can be at home, or run for free.

jojosilver

Rookie Expediter
It varies on who you are signed on with. What you bring to the table as well. Like do you have a DOT physical/medical card, do you have the stan Dard motor carrier required insurance, and the things like having a cdl, tsa, TWIC Card, passport, fast card ---add to your being eligible for different types of loads.
I hear a lot of companies requesting sprinters and the vehicles that can haul the larger pallets (HEIGHT WISE) heck even then some are looking for the specialized sprinter (ramps, lift gate) everyone trying to stretch the shipping dollar and get more out of the quarter

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Load 1 Sprinter!! If you can bribe your way in, do it. Treadmill gets more loads than any L1 driver out there. Right place, right time. And a cross-border pro!!!
Ken is ready and itching to move that freight. And he's a pretty nice guy, to boot!! Long and tall and ready to haul!!
I'm gonna trademark that phrase!! Quote me. LOL!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Load 1 Sprinter!! If you can bribe your way in, do it. Treadmill gets more loads than any L1 driver out there. Right place, right time. And a cross-border pro!!!
Ken is ready and itching to move that freight. And he's a pretty nice guy, to boot!! Long and tall and ready to haul!!
I'm gonna trademark that phrase!! Quote me. LOL!!

Thanks, Murray, just splurted my drink through my nose. Ken being "long and tall" was the image that caused it - nice guy he may be, but long and tall he aint, lol. :D

sjp5030

Active Expediter
Just wondering if any one else is having problems getting loads.
Well how's this 3 weeks ago over 3200 mi for a week then slam last week sit fo 5 days come home and Monday 350 and tue 40 mi.
Here is the kicker after 2 weeks 352.00 pay but get 40% of ea. load to start for gas and have to about beg to get repairs on van. Am I feeling right to look for a new job? Is this typical of small Co.to have to wait to get paid the balance of your load runs? I won't give the name of small ill Exp.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
An owner should get repairs when needed and pay when your contract states. The up and down is part of the biz, save when it's good because it will be bad againm

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
May has been slower, IMO. Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling this. Some days I feel like a 150 pounder fighting in a Heavyweight match.

Hold the line.
Save the rate.
Bid respectably.
Don't go wh0re.
Get competitive.
What the heII?
Why didn't that work?
Great, using our bid.
Crickets...................

Reactions: RoadTime and Mike99

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Driving van, been doing this 8yrs. W/ this company, slowest it's been ever. Drive for owner who has vans on w/ multiple companies, slow for Panther,All States, & FedEx. 1 driver w/ All States being top earner last couple of weeks. No one setting world on fire right now. Anyone saying they r making $1.50/mi. Getting 3000mi. Consistently would b an excellent recruiter. I can back my numbers up since 2007. Show me urs & i'll show u mine. Make me a liar.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scrolled thru the economic news today, the effects from last quarter are being carrying over.

My thoughts, we could be facing more erratic months.

I'll be focusing on xiggi's advices. Save, save, save....cut, cut, cut...ramen noodles, ramen noodles, ramen noodles!

Lol......

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Well the other big problem is the complete amount of insurance fraud. We have been researching this hard over the last month or two. The amount of carriers operating vans with improper or purposely fraudulent insurance coverage has skyrocketed. This only helps to continue the push to lower and lower rates. Easy to lower rates when you do not have a legitimate cost structure. This fraudulent operating structure is even easier for someone to use to start up yet another van carrier. Thus the explosion continues and the continued over supply vs demand, instead of the market finding it's own natural correction and balance. Although many may not realize this it hurts the carriers running legitimate as much as it does the legitimate owner operator. Sadly many (and I am sure some on this board) run knowing they are not fully compliant and feel it is too their advantage, while all it does is hurt those doing it right. I personally spoke to one carrier owner about what he was doing and the fact he was running improperly. His response was I can't afford to run your cost structure set up. He didn't appreciate my response...if you can't and wont run legal and compliant maybe you need to exit the business.
John I got LUCKY last week and got a few good loads.I stopped in Dallas for fuel and there sat that 14 ft yellow old rental truck that loaded those 8, 500 lbs skids from Eagle Pass to Portland,Or,I guess he made it out there even with the bumper draging the pavement.When I saw it seating there my blood pressure when up.There seven other rigs there with no carrier signs some Sprinters, Cargo vans and two more yellow x rentals trucks.Its been awhile since I've been to Laredo but I been told its hard to find a parking spot at the truck stops down there and a large % are no named trucks.I hate to keep beating the drum but in my heart I feel this has got out of hand and it growing out of control.I called in to Steve Summers talk radio show and after all most a hour and half wait I address my concerns about what these trucks and how they been flying under the radar.If the DOT is going to do there once a year lets go to work and keep the highways safe 3 day program.Maybe the should drive thur the truck stops and lets check insurance doc,run some tags,check out some drivers and check for log books (lol).For the past 3 months after Eagle Pass when I see these trucks I snap a photo.I wished to completed by phone call with Steve Summers but it end with a drop call.I call back but to late show was ending.They gave me his Email address 700wlw/stevesummers,com, I listen to drivers calling in and Steve handle it very well,he said a reg caller he has told him how slow its been and hard it was to get loads,but he had no ideal that we are under these types of pressures of eastern euros,and Russian driver putting on us and our industry.We have rules in place we must follow them to drive our highways,we follow them getting medical cards,cargo insurance,ect.I send him all my photos of those trucks and I hope he gets back with me soon.I requested he does a complete show on this subject to help get the word out.I would like to hear other drivers that feel the same as me,pick phone and push back.Maybe just maybe we can made ours voice heard and we can get DOT and law enforcement to get in the game start profileing these trucks.If they want truck in the USA they can play by the same rules we play by. If this don't work then I hate to see it happen, but all trucks under 10,000 GVW doing interstate follow the Big trucks into the chicken coop,and pull around back and bring your paper work to the counter.This would really see how long they last.I'm not saying something that you don't already know.What do you think.If the Russian Mafia take me out,I like to be remember as the guy that when down kicking.I think i'll keep my day job,don't think i make as a writer.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
John I got LUCKY last week and got a few good loads.I stopped in Dallas for fuel and there sat that 14 ft yellow old rental truck that loaded those 8, 500 lbs skids from Eagle Pass to Portland,Or,I guess he made it out there even with the bumper draging the pavement.When I saw it seating there my blood pressure when up.There seven other rigs there with no carrier signs some Sprinters, Cargo vans and two more yellow x rentals trucks.Its been awhile since I've been to Laredo but I been told its hard to find a parking spot at the truck stops down there and a large % are no named trucks.I hate to keep beating the drum but in my heart I feel this has got out of hand and it growing out of control.I called in to Steve Summers talk radio show and after all most a hour and half wait I address my concerns about what these trucks and how they been flying under the radar.If the DOT is going to do there once a year lets go to work and keep the highways safe 3 day program.Maybe the should drive thur the truck stops and lets check insurance doc,run some tags,check out some drivers and check for log books (lol).For the past 3 months after Eagle Pass when I see these trucks I snap a photo.I wished to completed by phone call with Steve Summers but it end with a drop call.I call back but to late show was ending.They gave me his Email address 700wlw/stevesummers,com, I listen to drivers calling in and Steve handle it very well,he said a reg caller he has told him how slow its been and hard it was to get loads,but he had no ideal that we are under these types of pressures of eastern euros,and Russian driver putting on us and our industry.We have rules in place we must follow them to drive our highways,we follow them getting medical cards,cargo insurance,ect.I send him all my photos of those trucks and I hope he gets back with me soon.I requested he does a complete show on this subject to help get the word out.I would like to hear other drivers that feel the same as me,pick phone and push back.Maybe just maybe we can made ours voice heard and we can get DOT and law enforcement to get in the game start profileing these trucks.If they want truck in the USA they can play by the same rules we play by. If this don't work then I hate to see it happen, but all trucks under 10,000 GVW doing interstate follow the Big trucks into the chicken coop,and pull around back and bring your paper work to the counter.This would really see how long they last.I'm not saying something that you don't already know.What do you think.If the Russian Mafia take me out,I like to be remember as the guy that when down kicking.I think i'll keep my day job,don't think i make as a writer.
You might be surprised at who is booking these yellow cube vans

Reactions: Murraycroexp