Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridawheels

Active Expediter
Most class 4-8 trucks including Hino.

I THOUGHT I had made that description a link but apparently it didn't work.

Copy/paste the description into the eBay search bar and it will come up and give you a full list of what the reader will do. It can read codes some live data and do some programming.

You can also Google "Cando" and go directly to the factory website. There they have an even better description of what it can do.

They also make a unit that can do most everything the Hino factory program/laptop can do if you care to spend several grand...

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
Most class 4-8 trucks including Hino.

I THOUGHT I had made that description a link but apparently it didn't work.

Copy/paste the description into the eBay search bar and it will come up and give you a full list of what the reader will do. It can read codes some live data and do some programming.

You can also Google "Cando" and go directly to the factory website. There they have an even better description of what it can do.

They also make a unit that can do most everything the Hino factory program/laptop can do if you care to spend several grand...
I purchased one similar to that, the round 9 pin connectors didn't work on Hino to diagnose the check engine, I had it come on yesterday, and that thing was useless, I went to my old obd2 scanner to read the check engine code. I bought one that has to be connected to a computer for 250 has the Hino software as well as software for other trucks, and it also has the software for Alison transmissions, abs and so on. eBay they go for $500+ I decided to just go with ali express and get one as one of the other members suggested also. If you want go to ali express and search nexiq usb link.

floridawheels

Active Expediter
I don't know what you were using but this one clearly States Hino.

Copy/paste from their website:

The HD Code Plus CAT is the best solution for diagnosing Class 4 to Class 8 Heavy Duty trucks. It covers J1587, J1708 and J1939 protocols for Engine, ABS, and Transmission. A CAT 9 adapter cable for Caterpillar is also included, along with increased coverage for International, Hino, Isuzu and Hybrid HD. Additionally, the HD Code Plus CAT also offers OBDII, EOBD and CAN coverage for gasoline and diesel engines, further increasing its utility and efficiency. Features & Benefits: Class 4-8 HD Truck Coverage for J1587, J1708 and J1939 Protocols Access Engine, Transmission and Brakes Automatic Protocol Search New CAT 9 Caterpillar Cable Added Capabilities for Caterpillar, International, Hino, Isuzu and Hybrid HD Trucks Read & Clear DTCs View Freeze Frame Data View & Graph Live Data Special Tests: IM Readiness, MIL Status, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP System Test VIN Info. Code Look-up Comfortable Ergonomic Design Easy to Read Large Screen Easy to Operate Push Button Design Multi-lingual Platform: English, Spanish and French Free & Easy Updates via the Internet

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
I don't know what you were using but this one clearly States Hino.

Copy/paste from their website:

The HD Code Plus CAT is the best solution for diagnosing Class 4 to Class 8 Heavy Duty trucks. It covers J1587, J1708 and J1939 protocols for Engine, ABS, and Transmission. A CAT 9 adapter cable for Caterpillar is also included, along with increased coverage for International, Hino, Isuzu and Hybrid HD. Additionally, the HD Code Plus CAT also offers OBDII, EOBD and CAN coverage for gasoline and diesel engines, further increasing its utility and efficiency. Features & Benefits: Class 4-8 HD Truck Coverage for J1587, J1708 and J1939 Protocols Access Engine, Transmission and Brakes Automatic Protocol Search New CAT 9 Caterpillar Cable Added Capabilities for Caterpillar, International, Hino, Isuzu and Hybrid HD Trucks Read & Clear DTCs View Freeze Frame Data View & Graph Live Data Special Tests: IM Readiness, MIL Status, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP System Test VIN Info. Code Look-up Comfortable Ergonomic Design Easy to Read Large Screen Easy to Operate Push Button Design Multi-lingual Platform: English, Spanish and French Free & Easy Updates via the Internet

Hopefully it works for you, I was using an otc scanner, that could be the reason it wasn't working, but I'm not sure if it's the scanner, or the connection, 9-pin vs obd 2. The otc is going back so doesn't matter to me, I've got one coming that does all trucks using a computer.

floridawheels

Active Expediter
What does that cost (not including the computer)?
Do you have to pay any subscription fees or extra for "unlocks"?

Please forgive me if you already covered that and I missed it...

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
What does that cost (not including the computer)?
Do you have to pay any subscription fees or extra for "unlocks"?

Please forgive me if you already covered that and I missed it...
I paid 250 for the software and machine, computer wise I'm going to use my current computer or an old one that I rarely use anymore. There are CDs enclosed with the purchase which of I'm not mistaken have the programs on them and just run from there or get downloaded onto the computer, weather I have to subs did or not I'm not sure yet as the product still has not arrived in the mail. It's the older model from the company, but that's the least of my worries as log as it does the job for me I'll be happy. Here are some pics from the listing

dc1c7f08940f3935c113ca4c7393e2ee.jpg
80502fbfd187a0118344cc631416ceb8.jpg
518ce4d849465e7e8fa8ddb02fcc041f.jpg

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Greasytshirt,
If you can tell me the location for the injector if appreciate it or if there any documents on it.
Look at above pic. To the left of the tailpipe. Yours has slightly different connectors on it than this one.

Documents? There are a ton of documents.

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
Look at above pic. To the left of the tailpipe. Yours has slightly different connectors on it than this one.

Documents? There are a ton of documents.
I'm assuming it's the one between the two sensors bottom left and bottom right (hard to see right sensor much) and in the center?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
To the dealer I go tomorrow. Hopefully it'll fix that problem.
there is a chance that even after fixing the problem and clearing the code, the scr warning will not go away. I don't know of any method of clearing this warning other than with dealer software.

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
there is a chance that even after fixing the problem and clearing the code, the scr warning will not go away. I don't know of any method of clearing this warning other than with dealer software.
Hopefully it will go away, or at least stay off till the software comes in next week.

Started the truck after it sat for a day, scr malfunction is gone, cleared the check engine but also had a pending tank sensor, should I replace that too with the injector?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.