Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A+ Statewide

Seasoned Expediter
I Brought in My 2014 Hino 258alp Because of A Fuel Leak. I was told it is leaking at the atomizer assembly? I was also told that they have ordered a set of fuel injectors for replacement? I was also told my truck is on VOR, I'm guessing that means Vehicle On Recall? This is my Vin. 5pvnj8jp4e4s51116, any info will be of help. Oh by the way i Brought in my truck on 10/19/2014, finally made into the bay on 10/23/15 to be diagnosed. Yes i only have one truck, so i have been down 6 days and counting. Bought truck in May, No Rushes here at Rush Truck Center of Houston..... Sorry just had to Vent a little bit, THANKS.....

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I Brought in My 2014 Hino 258alp Because of A Fuel Leak. I was told it is leaking at the atomizer assembly? I was also told that they have ordered a set of fuel injectors for replacement? I was also told my truck is on VOR, I'm guessing that means Vehicle On Recall? This is my Vin. 5pvnj8jp4e4s51116, any info will be of help. Oh by the way i Brought in my truck on 10/19/2014, finally made into the bay on 10/23/15 to be diagnosed. Yes i only have one truck, so i have been down 6 days and counting. Bought truck in May, No Rushes here at Rush Truck Center of Houston..... Sorry just had to Vent a little bit, THANKS.....
Vehicle Off Road. An authorization to air-freight parts overnight without you having to incur the cost.

Atomizers occasionally spring internal leaks. Unusual at this mileage.

Occasionally an injector craps out for no good reason. They'll replace all four as a precaution.

There gonna throw $5000 worth of new parts on it.

We have had very few problems with the 195. I imagine you'll be satisfied with it when Rush gets off their ass and get to work. They may have a single Hino guy on staff (not unusual) and that may be the reason for the huge wait.

A+ Statewide

Seasoned Expediter
Vehicle Off Road. An authorization to air-freight parts overnight without you having to incur the cost.

Atomizers occasionally spring internal leaks. Unusual at this mileage.

Occasionally an injector craps out for no good reason. They'll replace all four as a precaution.

There gonna throw $5000 worth of new parts on it.

We have had very few problems with the 195. I imagine you'll be satisfied with it when Rush gets off their ass and get to work. They may have a single Hino guy on staff (not unusual) and that may be the reason for the huge wait.

Thanks for the Information.

Smshabani

New Recruit
Hey guys. I just recently purchased a 2010 Hino 268 rollback with 379k. I bought it non-running. Had a missing fuse that was preventing the truck from getting any power to the key. Replaced the fuse. Started right up. It has a check engine light. And a "PARK" light. It needs a regeneration bad.

Here is the issue. No throttle pedal response. Only idles. The regen button on the dash does not illuminate. What should I look for. Thanks.

Smshabani

New Recruit
Also forgot to mention that the truck has a p2002 code. Truck has new Intercooler and new turbo. The dpf was diconnected from the exhaust and unplugged. Everything is reattached now.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Also forgot to mention that the truck has a p2002 code. Truck has new Intercooler and new turbo. The dpf was diconnected from the exhaust and unplugged. Everything is reattached now.
Hi there.
There's a graph on the dash labeled DPR. Cycle the display on the dash until it pops up. Is this graph at ten bars? If so, it will have to be connected to dealer software to reset it. No amount of code-clearing or battery cable disconnecting will get that graph to go away.
Take the tailpipe off of the DPF. Is there any black soot on the face? Has the rear face exploded and huge chunks are missing? Drop the whole thing on the ground. Is the inlet (the DOC, diesel oxidation catalyst) melted? Is it partially clogged with soot?

Telling you what to check next, without seeing what the ecu is seeing, may be an exercise in futility. Some people might immediately replace the accelerator pedal assembly. But they rarely go bad. You're going to be money ahead if you get it towed somewhere that has Hino DX or DXII software and can give you an actual diagnosis.

I would not be surprised if you end up having to have a set of injectors and a DPF installed to make the truck usable. Before you do that, call your local dealer, give them the VIN, and see if there are any outstanding recalls. If there's an A8440/A8510 recall open on it, you'll at least get a free DPF out of the deal, but they'll have to fix the no acceleration problem first. You'll have to pay for a set of injectors (if they are needed) to retain the warranty on the new DPF.

Maxx

Seasoned Expediter
Hi,

I just would like to know if there is a way of changing mileage on my truck from miles to kms. I bought this truck in Canada but it is in miles. The truck is a 2009 Hino 338.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hi,

I just would like to know if there is a way of changing mileage on my truck from miles to kms. I bought this truck in Canada but it is in miles. The truck is a 2009 Hino 338.
Uuuh, maybe in the customization menus of DXII, but not from the dashboard.

A+ Statewide

Seasoned Expediter
if you mean, is there a dash light indicating a code then no. i was checking to see if i had an engine code out of curiosity and it was there and i deleted it.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wanted to thank our Master Hino Mechanic. New thrust, rod and main bearing. Along with oil pan gasket. 2K miles on the new bearing, everything is good. Thanks.

Reactions: greasytshirt

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Thanks for the Information.
I must have been semi conscious when I replied to that. I was thinking you said it was a 195 COE.

In any case, 6 injectors instead of four. The burner systems are getting better all the time, mostly due to reprogramming the burner control unit with strategies to protect the burner, and more accurate soot production calculations.

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
Looking to get a scanner that works with Hino, and ford/cummins, hoping you can shed some light for me, I'm looking at a nexiq prolink iq, but not sure how the software works on it, mainly not sure if it has a yearly subscription or one time price and I'm good, I'm not going to need any updates soon or anything, just something that's already up to date and works with both trucks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Looking to get a scanner that works with Hino, and ford/cummins, hoping you can shed some light for me, I'm looking at a nexiq prolink iq, but not sure how the software works on it, mainly not sure if it has a yearly subscription or one time price and I'm good, I'm not going to need any updates soon or anything, just something that's already up to date and works with both trucks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The only thing im aware of that has similar functionality is some Bosch software that cost 10k. Cummins is also very proprietary. You might be able to see some live data on different scanners, but there are some specific functions that need access to succesfully troubleshoot stuff on the emissions side.

Someone on craigslist in the tools section has an interesting deal going.

Status
Not open for further replies.