Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Thanks what is the new level out?

I'm assuming you're buying a copy of Hino DX, which is the original diag software. Now we're using DXII, 1.1.15.4 or something. They have an update around once a week, trying to build the manuals into the code descriptions (similar to Isuzu IDSS, but more flexible).

Wraytechs

Seasoned Expediter
I'm assuming you're buying a copy of Hino DX, which is the original diag software. Now we're using DXII, 1.1.15.4 or something. They have an update around once a week, trying to build the manuals into the code descriptions (similar to Isuzu IDSS, but more flexible).
Yes I am looking into buying. Thank you so much for your time. Is it ok to contact you once I get it for help with the software if i need it?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Yes I am looking into buying. Thank you so much for your time. Is it ok to contact you once I get it for help with the software if i need it?

You will also need an interface tool. Hino Bowie is one. That runs off of a serial cable. Serial cable converters can be used but its glitchy

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Nexiq, Hino-Bowie, SID (SAE->RP1210), 88890020 Adapter

I'm sorry. I had a rough day, and when I got home, I passed out for about 7 hours.

I gotta go to DMV in the morning. When I get back, I'll stop by the shop. There's a crappy laptop there with DX on it. I'll fire it up and talk you through it. PM'ing you my contact info.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
At the shop. We no longer have access to old DX.

The dlc connector attached to Nexiq is numbered 448013. In theory, the spx J 47949 cable will work.

A specific usb port needs to be selected, preferably used just for this. There's a menu item to select a port. Or you can try all the usb ports, it may have auto selected one.

Close all background programs.

Wraytechs

Seasoned Expediter
At the shop. We no longer have access to old DX.

The dlc connector attached to Nexiq is numbered 448013. In theory, the spx J 47949 cable will work.

A specific usb port needs to be selected, preferably used just for this. There's a menu item to select a port. Or you can try all the usb ports, it may have auto selected one.

Close all background programs.
I got it thanks for all your time. I found a patch file I had to install so that the right DL could be used with Nexiq. Still some of functions drop down menus aren't available but I'll figure it out... thanks again

Last edited:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Is this a fleet version, or dealer version? Some customization stuff is purportedly unavailable on the fleet version.

Are you just tinkering around now, or are you trying to troubleshoot something? You definitely need to tinker a bit and try to remember where everything is. It might be worthwhile to take screenshots of various things (like activation items under data monitor and activation test), as some important functions are buried in places that don't make sense.

Wraytechs

Seasoned Expediter
Is this a fleet version, or dealer version? Somecustomization stuff is purportedly unavailable on the fleet version.

Are you just tinkering around now, or are you trying to troubleshoot something? You definitely need to tinker a bit and try to remember where everything is. It might be worthwhile to take screenshots of various things (like activation items under data monitor and activation test), as some important functions are buried in places that don't make sense.
For now im gona just tinker til I get it figured out then ive got a 268 tht is having DPR issues tht need fixed...

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
HA wonderful... these crazy exhaust regulations... 2012

Usually it's sort of simple stuff that makes a truck with a burner system (11-14 conventionals) have regen problems, but is has to be caught and fixed before the dpf gets damaged. When are you going to dive in?

Wraytechs

Seasoned Expediter
Usually it's sort of simple stuff that makes a truck with a burner system (11-14 conventionals) have regen problems, but is has to be caught and fixed before the dpf gets damaged. When are you going to dive in?
Oh some time next week mayb... Ive had some experience with the cat and cummins dpf system bt none with the hino so itll be a learning what experince lol...

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Oh some time next week mayb... Ive had some experience with the cat and cummins dpf system bt none with the hino so itll be a learning what experince lol...

This truck is going to be entirely different. Totally different type of dpf heating.

Once you understand how it works, you'll be able to narrow down problems pretty quickly.

What's the truck doing that has caught your attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.