How Many Miles ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How many miles did you put on your cargo van's or Sprinter's odometer last year?

"It's not about the miles, it's about the money!"

How may miles did you get on your last set of tires?

How may miles do you go between oil changes?

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

When was the last time you satisfied your wife?

"Depends on the carrier."

94PvO.gif

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Zorry;

Great Post.

Turtle - you are bad!

While recruiting I always smile when a driver asks me "how many miles a week?" This question is usually one of the first asked. It was, or is, a common question for tractor drivers to ask recruiters when seeking a position in the truckload industry. My first response to drivers is "I do not have a crystal ball to look into" to know the exact or correct number. The next variable to how many miles a week is for the driver to explain the limitations he or she has, such as I don't work weekends, I don't do Hazmat, I won't go to Canada and so on.

Would it be great if each week in Expediting were the same? Most of the expedite drivers I know thrive in our industry because of that uncertainty and because they like that every day and every week is different.

This is surely a "think in long term" type industry.

Thanks,

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Zorry;

Great Post.

Turtle - you are bad!

While recruiting I always smile when a driver asks me "how many miles a week?" This question is usually one of the first asked. It was, or is, a common question for tractor drivers to ask recruiters when seeking a position in the truckload industry. My first response to drivers is "I do not have a crystal ball to look into" to know the exact or correct number. The next variable to how many miles a week is for the driver to explain the limitations he or she has, such as I don't work weekends, I don't do Hazmat, I won't go to Canada and so on.

Would it be great if each week in Expediting were the same? Most of the expedite drivers I know thrive in our industry because of that uncertainty and because they like that every day and every week is different.

This is surely a "think in long term" type industry.

Thanks,

and getting even longer term each year...