How Many Miles ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
In another thread an experienced driver told us that 800 mile weeks would be more common than 2500 mile weeks in a $printer.
Really ?

I'm curious just about volume of miles. Average per week. And vehicle.
Example:
2400 miles per week. DR unit.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
900 - 1000

Small International CF600 Cabover.

You don't count. *
You just did that to confuse the newbies.
BTW, that truck would look cool with orange flames.

* He's not an expediter. He's a good guy,posts often.

Last edited:

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Ive been averaging 2100 a week but im still pretty new and thats in a cv minus this week a little lower

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drive less .....make less....deadhead more ....make more......take only profitable loads .....makes sense. ..:D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In another thread an experienced driver told us that 800 mile weeks would be more common than 2500 mile weeks in a $printer.
Really ?

I'm curious just about volume of miles. Average per week. And vehicle.
Example:
2400 miles per week. DR unit.

Miles for who. 2500 at company a might not net you anymore than 1800 at company b.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's volume of miles, not net dollars as a result of those miles. The majority of van and Sprinter drivers will run between 60,000 and 80,000 loaded miles a year. Pick a number, divide it by 52, and work it out from there.

There are, of course, exceptions to everything.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I ran about 54,000 loaded miles last year. But-- I'm an out-and-back driver so that's quite a different thing than a guy who gets out and stays out for a few months. I'm looking at what Turtle said the majority of vans do-- loaded miles-- and it's making me think a bit. 60 to 80 K loaded miles a year, at anything like a decent rate, not so much dead-head, that adds up after a while.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Volume of miles? I was always told in expediting its noy about the miles but your total revenue at end of month oh great now I have to start all over from scratch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did 83,000 ALL miles last year....:)
81,000 the year before......
104,000 with another carrier and made LESS $$$$ then I did at this mileage.....
It is NOT about the miles.....its about the RATE per mile......

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Volume of miles? I was always told in expediting its noy about the miles but your total revenue at end of month oh great now I have to start all over from scratch

Not really from scratch, just from the OP, second paragraph, first sentence.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I originally asked when it was stated 800 mile weeks were common .

It varies in CV & Sprinters ....it depends on carriers.....some months we run hard while others sit ...some months its the opposite ...some carriers require high DH to available loads ....some DH is commonly less than 50 miles on 90 % of loads ...some carriers pay a very good rate on loaded miles ,, but not as many miles average week ....other carriers you must negotiate a decent rate , but you can average more loaded miles .....so as several have said before not ALL carriers work for everyone ....but you need to know your bottom line ( expenses ) and carrier's freight lanes , hometime needed ....and what Revenue you need to succeed ....different people ..different needs ...thus different carriers work for different people. ....miles are just miles ...end of month or end of quarter or end of year ....it comes down to $$$$$...imo

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
not miles should be dollars
short miles high dollars is what i like

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If I were in Denver right know I bet I could get a committee together around midnight that could solve this miles in a qaurt question.
Now that we've established that it's 1/3 as many miles as in a quart.