hi

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Bam Bam been out sense, first week in Feb. dedicated person like this her boss should be doing back flips to keep her going.
Anyone out there looking for a good dedicated employee here is one.
Bam Bam hope your rolling. :-(

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Bambam:

If you're still in Spartanburg tuesday 4/10, stop by the Speedco ans visit Rich M in the SpeedCo Supertruck.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i just ran 259 dh then 667 loaded now bed time
god bless and keep rolling:) :) :) :)

the:* was supposed to be:) :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I don’t want to pee on her parade but what I see is not good. Maybe I am taking this making money thing too literal so let’s see;

• 259 miles deadhead

• Minus the first 100 miles

• Leaves 159 Miles deadhead

• At 15¢ a mile gives $23.85

• Then 667 loaded miles

• At 42¢ a mile gives $280.14

• Now this does not include any deadhead to the layover

• So a total of $303.99

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well she should have made $388 instead but take in account that she sat for how long? $300 is not good - but that is my opinion.

The point I am trying to make is she is an employee and as such they should keep her legally rolling as much as possible.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I don't think she was put on as an employee, but I could be wrong. I'm under the impression that she get's a 1099. Sitting to long is part of the job I thought. Yes one load in that period of time sucks, but i'm sure it's no record.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I am under the impression that she is an employee, not a 1099 contractor. If she is a 1099, never mind i lost my train of thought - I hate colds.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hey BamBam,

I don't want to seem to be mean but you need to get a serious grip on what exactly you are in regards of your employment status is. There is a huge difference between the two (1099 and employee) and if the person who has 'hired' you to do a job is not clear about it at the time you signed that contract, you can end up paying for it for years.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i signed a 1 year contract and i had 5 runs an average of 300 miles a run so i guess im doing ok

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
In response to message #54

i signed a 1 year contract and i had 5 runs an average of 300 miles a run so i guess im doing ok
===========================================
???...........I can't even respond at this point. This has to be one of the strangest threads I have read in a while.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>In response to message #54
>
>i signed a 1 year contract and i had 5 runs an average of
>300 miles a run so i guess im doing ok
>===========================================
>???...........I can't even respond at this point. This has
>to be one of the strangest threads I have read in a while.

Dave, I have an idea what you mean, sort of.......but......what do you mean?