hi

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
plus if you are gonna go to detroit you need to start movin so you can get up there and take your 10 hour break and get a load out monday morning.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
cheri,
i've never had to pay for fuel, but it goes back to what i said in an earlier thread. if you(company driver) save your boss some money it helps you out. that's part of the company driver's job. save the boss money.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry but moving from Spartanburg to Detroit is... well... stupid.

That is somewhat a 700 mile plus move and isn't that more than 11 hours drive time? If driving the speed limit right?

I am going with Cheri on this one, 700 unloaded miles that adds up to 700 miles of wear and tear on the truck, not to mention the cost of fuel, I would not be a happy owner with this logic. If you can't get a load out of Atlanta, Huntsville or any southern city, well... never mind.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
plus if you go all the way to detroit you would just about need a load going to laredo to make up for all those empty miles. and as a solo the chances of getting that on a weekday are well zero.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think you are missing the point. The Detroiter has a wonderful laundry facility. Tide and Cheer for All.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
well i guess i'll stay put and see what is going i just hope i get out of here monday

god bless and keep rolling

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i do not get layover pay i called and they said just stay put ill get some thing on monday if not they will deal with it then
so i guess it is ttime to do laundry

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>cheri,
>i've never had to pay for fuel, but it goes back to what i
>said in an earlier thread. if you(company driver) save your
>boss some money it helps you out. that's part of the company
>driver's job. save the boss money.

I'll be the first to say that math isn't my best subject, but if saving your boss money is your objective, deadheading seven hundred miles because you prefer Detroit seems an odd way to do it...There are loads coming out of places other than Detroit, places that don't involve driving across half the country! Waiting is an essential part of expediting, hard as it can be at times, when we want to be rolling. It's a fact that freight doesn't appear because you want to go, and deadhead = fuel & wear & tear. Excessive deadhead is wasting money, not saving it.
Cheer up Bambam, maybe when you're doing your laundry, you'll get another free dinner, eh?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
i never said she should move to detroit. i brought up atlanta but she said she doesn't like it there. then i said memphis nashville or huntsville would be a better move than the motor city.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wait a Minute Something's wrong here ! RE: hi

Bam Bam doesn't seem to be getting much help from her boss.
Why is everyone saying about how her idea to move to DTW is bad for her boss when her boss is telling her to wait in Spartansburg without being paid!
BamBam is a rookie at the trucking game but she seems to have been thrown into the deep end of the pool and told to learn to swim...or drown.
Why is her boss accepting only 275 miles for the week?
Why is he (she/they?) not taking an active MANAGERIAL role and guiding her to the freight lanes.
Someone's getting screwed in this story and it ain't BamBam's boss!
It's easy when it isn't costing anyone anything to ignore a problem.
I think Detroit's a GOOD PLAN!
It should catch the boss's attention to a situation that he(She/they??) should have dealt with on Good Friday!
Why should Bambam care a whit about a boss that obviously doesn't care a whit about her?
If you loose this job Bambam; you shouldn't shed a tear for the azz-hats who employ you. There are lots of other driving jobs out there; owners are always looking for decent drivers.

HAPPY EASTER.

>i do not get layover pay i called and they said just stay
>put ill get some thing on monday if not they will deal with
>it then
>so i guess it is ttime to do laundry

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
RE: Wait a Minute Something's wrong here ! RE: hi

she gets paid for her empty and loaded miles and doesn't pay for fuel. sounds like a pretty good deal to me. i never got paid empty miles or layover pay in expedite thats why i went back to line haul for a more consistent week.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
ill be calling at 8am to see what the say i get .15$ a mile over 100 miles for my dh and 42 for loaded and they pay for every thing fuel repairs even washes

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
when i quit driving i was getting 41 cents a mile empty and loaded and i was runnin about 3500 miles a week. plus i was getting extra pay for tarping and bonus for getting good fuel mileage. there are some jobs where you can make good money as a company driver but you are going to have to work to make the money and hang in for a little while to get some experince and get some stability on your resume.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"ill be calling at 8am to see what the say i get .15$ a mile over 100 miles for my dh and 42 for loaded and they pay for every thing fuel repairs even washes"

Not to sound cruel, but the rates you are talking about you are short of being an employee and you should be getting hourly rate at this point. Otherwise no restriction on your deadhead miles or anything else for that matter. The truck moves, it should be 42 cents a mile period.

Also just to add to this, I would not wait to be calling, I would be calling every hour asking if they found anything to keep you moving.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Bam... as time goes on, and things get busier, you'll learn the areas your company does best in. Though the Carolinas are one of the best areas for freight, sometimes it's just dead. You've gotta use your head when you decide to move. You can't just drive willy-nilly because freight got on your truck in a particular area. If Atlanta doesn't do good for you (me neither), you could try KY. It's a lot closer than Detroit.

Better think about who's money you're spending if it's not yours.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
My Condolences. Thats real bad 275 for one run is bad enough but only one.

Wish you much more success this week.