Good News from my Company

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's certainly NOT a nationality issue. We lose bids all the time to brokers that say they "have to go with the absolute cheapest bid" and that also REQUIRE the type of insurance that, supposedly, "these Russians" don't have.
That theory being the biggest reason rates are in the crapper is bogus.
A factor? Sure.
But so is the fact that there are too many trucks in the market compared to the total number of expedite loads currently.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
he figured it this way 1.05 - .35 = .70 .70 /35 = 200%

That is actually the formula for figuring out your markup%.

(price - COGs)/COGS = Markup

His profit margin is (sales - COGS)/ price = 70/135 = 66.67% profit margin

Last edited:
Reactions: bubblehead

sbarrett

Expert Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
Fleet Owner
I understand I think. So many (not all) of these rogue carriers are all based up in the Chicago area in a close proximity. I can say we cut off 6 more carriers this last week alone. It takes time and real digging as the cheaters have really learned how to try and hide behind insurance. It does help when you catch one double brokering your freight and using your own company or your friends company for a cross dock.
And North Carolina.

Reactions: jelliott

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
both
It's certainly NOT a nationality issue. We lose bids all the time to brokers that say they "have to go with the absolute cheapest bid" and that also REQUIRE the type of insurance that, supposedly, "these Russians" don't have.
That theory being the biggest reason rates are in the crapper is bogus.
A factor? Sure.
But so is the fact that there are too many trucks in the market compared to the total number of expedite loads currently.
Your right less trucks more freight.Our fleet when from 125 trucks to 75.Last week we had a total of 16 loads.I guess when we down to 10 trucks some of us may get a load a week,luck 2 loads.By then we want have to worry about Insurance or somebody from who knows where getting the loads.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
both

Your right less trucks more freight.Our fleet when from 125 trucks to 75.Last week we had a total of 16 loads.I guess when we down to 10 trucks some of us may get a load a week,luck 2 loads.By then we want have to worry about Insurance or somebody from who knows where getting the loads.

Who do you run for?

Reactions: sbarrett

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Who do you run for?
I don't want to say.All I can I can say is they is powers to be claim they spend a lot of time in meeting and they not returning phone calls. They have stop hiring driver for cargo vans and sprinter, reason they give is they don't have any work for current fleet.I've hoping for something Positive to come out of all those meeting,but so far it been Silents.