Glitch in the CLink system?

aileron

Expert Expediter
Today I found what appears to be a glitch in the CLink system. I was checked into Alexndria express center and I was sitting 49 miles south at Walmart, exit 130 in Fredericksburg. The whole day goes by and I don't get any load offers. I thought that was strange since always I get an offer. Anyway, I decided to check to see where the CLink shows me. Sure enough, I was shown to be in Enon, VA. Enon is about 40 miles west of Richmond on I64, or about 90 miles away from where I was sitting. Note that I did not pass by Enon before I got to Fredericksburg. If I did, it could have been that the CLink did not update my position before shutting down.

I called in to inquire about the situation and they supposedly updated my position. I go online to check and it still showed Enon, VA. I called in again, and they told me that I was 49 miles from Alexandria, so I was thinking that even though it said Enon, they must know my position since I was 49 miles away from Alexandria.

A few hours later I got a load opportunity picking up in Chester, VA, or about 74 miles south of where I was sitting. I accepted it, and then I saw that my DHPU was 9 miles instead of 74.

So either way you put it something was wrong. If they thought I was 49 miles south of Alexandria, my DHPU should have been 74 miles. If they thought I was in Enon, VA, the DHPU was supposed to be 56 miles, instead, they thought I was somewhere else, 9 miles away from Chester, VA. I called in and got the pay adjusted properly.

So, why did I take the time to write this all out? Because even though I had my pay corrected, I still think that this is where it all stopped, and the glitch is still there. I just hope that someone higher up reads this and it gets fixed. And I am bored out of my mind, and I needed to do something. :D

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ff
Today I found what appears to be a glitch in the CLink system. I was checked into Alexndria express center and I was sitting 49 miles south at Walmart, exit 130 in Fredericksburg. The whole day goes by and I don't get any load offers. I thought that was strange since always I get an offer. Anyway, I decided to check to see where the CLink shows me. Sure enough, I was shown to be in Enon, VA. Enon is about 40 miles west of Richmond on I64, or about 90 miles away from where I was sitting. Note that I did not pass by Enon before I got to Fredericksburg. If I did, it could have been that the CLink did not update my position before shutting down.

I called in to inquire about the situation and they supposedly updated my position. I go online to check and it still showed Enon, VA. I called in again, and they told me that I was 49 miles from Alexandria, so I was thinking that even though it said Enon, they must know my position since I was 49 miles away from Alexandria.

A few hours later I got a load opportunity picking up in Chester, VA, or about 74 miles south of where I was sitting. I accepted it, and then I saw that my DHPU was 9 miles instead of 74.

So either way you put it something was wrong. If they thought I was 49 miles south of Alexandria, my DHPU should have been 74 miles. If they thought I was in Enon, VA, the DHPU was supposed to be 56 miles, instead, they thought I was somewhere else, 9 miles away from Chester, VA. I called in and got the pay adjusted properly.

So, why did I take the time to write this all out? Because even though I had my pay corrected, I still think that this is where it all stopped, and the glitch is still there. I just hope that someone higher up reads this and it gets fixed. And I am bored out of my mind, and I needed to do something. :D

I see nothng realy has changed. 3 years ago the Truck was at Kmart in Hampton Roads area guess where the dum GPS said I was down in Durham North Carolina.

A month a go I was in Fort Worth Texas and the dum thing said I was in Sanfrancisco. CA.

Oh well it not perfected yet and most likely wont be either.
Now since the thing can do all that maybe it can make a load for me to Get to VA by this next week.

CA bites wind especialy when one seem to have to go west to get east.
Favors done them now its pay back time. time ta Cashe them in.

Last edited:

MissKat

Expert Expediter
ours was blinking in all the red places, couldn't receive or send for about 18 hours on Monday night to Tuesday morning this week - we thought it was from the giant hail that hit us near Otis, KS Monday afternoon. This was in Kansas to Louisville.

Kat

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Space born systems are prone to interference from heavy rain or snow. Trees, more so when the leaves are out, can affect the signal as well.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I hope the system is working becasue I got to get to the East Coast.
Its a no BS no lies no Shuck and Jive I got to be in VA next week.

Bus or Plane is not an Option

Virgina East Coast area as I stated That is where I got to be

I need to get East Coast before the the end of next week

Durham NC Raliegh, Richmond VA, Va Beach, Norfolk Washington DC, Baltimore MD, NJ, New York City, Philedlphia PA. Norfolk VA, Cheesepeak VA, Portsmouth VA, Little Creek VA, Fort Ehustes VA Cherrie Point NC, Delware. Knoxville TN,

Im sitting in California SJO, SAC, SSF SAC, Area.

Get me East Coast Please

I absolutely got to be there.
Thanks.

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I make a point of using the clink to ask dispatch where they "have" me. In many instances you cannot trust the Clink to put you in the proper dispatch location. Some problem areas are Dearborn (will show you in Windsor Ontario) Elk Grove Village (will show you in Gary)
You will also have to make sure the DH milage to PU's are correct. I just had one last week that was a good run, going where I wanted to go, with the proper pay. The PU was in small town in MO that I never had heard of. I used my GPS and found I was 88 miles from the PU, not the 24 indicated on the run offer. Phone offers are even more difficult, you have to repeat the run details to insure the DH miles are at least in the ballpark. On another issue; the wait time for phone calls is getting out of hand.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anytime we want to go off the grid, we head for I81.
We get lost in a second.
Once we got a panicky call from dispatch. Seems we were
to be at the drop in 20 minutes in the Roanoke VA area,
yet we were shown still at the crossing at 1000 Islands.
We kind of laughed as we read their message as we had just sent over our delivery and layover choice.
Yep, they lost us for 500 miles.:eek:
POOOOOF:D