Gasoline under $2.00 a gallon

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
Are you sure someone isn't just holding two dollar bills over a can of gas and saying gas is under two bucks? lol. I bet you Ragman has a picture of it!

Reactions: Ragman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oil closed at $43.87 a barrel on Friday....By refusing to cut production to prop up the price at the last OPEC meeting The Saudis are doing a whip bang job of shutting down the US drillers....

be interesting how some CVers will react to operating with NO FSC in place or say .04 cents?....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It isn't just CV's although they will see the lowest of course, especially with carriers who raise the mpg standard and split gas/diesel for their calculations. They are at least somewhat of an anomaly but there's a place nearby that's $2.189 for diesel. It's not a truck stop but vans could buy there. As for how vanners react to a nickel fsc, I'm sure some will have fits over it and never think about the bottom line being basically the same due to the lower fuel price.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It isn't just CV's although they will see the lowest of course, especially with carriers who raise the mpg standard and split gas/diesel for their calculations. They are at least somewhat of an anomaly but there's a place nearby that's $2.189 for diesel. It's not a truck stop but vans could buy there. As for how vanners react to a nickel fsc, I'm sure some will have fits over it and never think about the bottom line being basically the same due to the lower fuel price.
Thats what I mean....I hear the grumbling about lower rates....but the cause now is primarily the FSC attached....some don't seem to get the connection they expect the same rate as last year without any thought of the cost of fuel is more then 50% lower....well doh!

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll have to see what my outfit does. They've held at .13 FSC since winter. It was up to .17 at the high point last year.

Deville

Not a Member
GasBuddy is reporting that gas prices will fall below $2.00 a gallon by the end of the year in around 20 states.
My energy stocks are being raked over the goals because of this :censoredsign:. We need to drop a bomb on Iran so I can get my P/E ratios up.