Finally, Ron Paul says he is done

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But, but, but, I thought all this was a money grab? <confused> <sarcasm>

Interesting at just how little coverage this is getting on the news channels. Been watching them all, flip-flopping around, and so far just a couple of sentences from CNN: "Ron Paul says he will cease actively campaigning for the Republican nomination, but he will still continue to collect delegates for the convention," and then gave the camera that look, you know, that look, that said, 'Whaaayagonnado, he's Ron Paul, he's crazy!' And then she smiled and shrugged. Cue pharma commercial, ask your doctor.

Many loyal CNN viewers were surprised to find out Ron Paul had still been in the race all this time. <snort>

"I thought he was dead," said one viewer. "Same with Fish, that Abe Vigoda. He's dead, right?"

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Took a little while but he finally says he is done.
Actually, that isn't what he said at all ....

Heard it on Fox News.:cool:
Well .... that would explain your characterization of it .... which is largely just "echo-chambering" Faux News ....

Have you actually read the statement from the campaign ? :rolleyes:

Or have you decided to just stick with the Faux News "spin" .... and being told what to think ?

At least he is smart enough to get out of the way if he can't win.
Ya think ?

Ask yourself: could there possibly be another reason for this .... ?;)

Messing with Romney only gives Obama more hope. He will still try to get some more delegates to speak in Tampa but that is basically it. No more money bombs.
ROTFLMAO .... please pay no attention to that bright, blinding light that seems to be headed your way ....

It is not a train ....

(BTW, I think there's a money bomb scheduled for the 17th .... but that's the grassroots .... not the campaign ....)

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
He got his money grab all right. He is stopping his campaigning and taking that money bomb money to the house. ;)
He is basically done at this point.
This from USA today, and there is likely another hundred saying the same thing. He will still try to get some delegates but he is basically out of it. I actually thought he might last until TX. Guess not.
You are right though, might be a train coming but it has already ran over Ron Paul this afternoon.
Ron Paul to stop spending money on primaries

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
He got his money grab all right. He is stopping his campaigning and taking that money bomb money to the house. He is basically done at this point.
Heheheh .... don't think so ....

But it's good that you believe that ..... please, please by all means: do spread the word ....

I imagine that doing so will suppress the Romney turnout at primaries and conventions even further than it already is ....

This from USA today,
Oh wow .... another MSM report !

Like I asked before: have you actually read the statement from the campaign ? (I'll assume that your failure to respond to the question previously indicates that you haven't)

and there is likely another hundred saying the same thing.
That was true for them WMD's in Iraq as well ... :rolleyes:

Of course, we all know how that turned out ....

Here's one with a slightly different theme:

CS Monitor: Why Ron Paul's 2012 effort may not really be over

He will still try to get some delegates but he is basically out of it.
Dave,

When it comes to the trucking business from all appearances you appear to be a pretty bright fellow .... when it comes to politics however, mebbe not so much ....

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This is all I have seen. Maybe you have something different. Even your own quoted source says they expect Romney to be the nominee. No need to trash me though, I understand. They say many RP supporters are in a state of denial.

Ron Paul.

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This is all I have seen. Maybe you have something different.
The statement that you quoted was prefaced with this:

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.

The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:

But pay absolutely no attention to the above .... just make sure you continue to spread the word: Ron Paul's now out .... no need to even show up if you're a Romney delegate .... ;)

ROTFLMAO ....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
who is our next rumor expert to say whats going on in the world of politics? Let the games begin, anyone, anyone?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Even Santorum is still in it since he just "suspended" his campaign. Pretty much the same thing here. Paul will still get some more delegates but it isn't looking likely he is going to stop Romney. Even your own article says that.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dave you will never make any headway with the " Ron Paul goober crew " They all live in the dillusional world of denial and blind allegiance... They know what the announcement means but cannot see the reality through their tear filled eyes....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Dave you will never make any headway with the " Ron Paul goober crew " They all live in the dillusional world of denial and blind allegiance... They know what the announcement means but cannot see the reality through their tear filled eyes....

Very true. As you can tell here, some are still in that state of denial. The news hasn't changed apparently.

Ron Paul Embraces Reality, Stops Campaigning in States That Have Not Voted - Yahoo! News

Have to give him credit though, he raised 36M and spent roughly 40 percent of it. Looks like it was a profitable run.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Have to give him credit though, he raised 36M and spent roughly 40 percent of it. Looks like it was a profitable run.
Ahhhh .... I think I'm beginning to see what the real problem is here:

.... reading comprehension (or more precisely: lack thereof)

.... perhaps this phenomena extends to arithmetical ability as well :rolleyes::

As of March 31 2012, Dr. Paul's campaign had raised $36,751,705 .... and had spent $34,970,931 ....

Banking on Becoming President | OpenSecrets

.... somehow, I suspect that in the normal universe that most of us occupy, the expenditures listed above might represent slightly more than 40% ....

Hopefully, in light of the above, you're having the wife keep the books .... if not, you may wish to strongly consider it .... ;)

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dave,

The formula that I usually use to determine percentages is dividing the portion in question by the whole (in this instance that would be $34,970,931 divided by $36,751,705 .... which yields the result of 0.951545812636448 ..... or rounding it off: 95%)

But if it will help at all .... in terms of arriving at a correct mathematical result .... one can use the toes too, as well as the fingers ....

Be sure to get back to us on what you discover .... it may very well be "different" ... "over there" where you are .....

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dave,

It occurred to me that I didn't actually answer your question below:

This is all I have seen. Maybe you have something different.
Well .... yeah .... actually I do ....

It was a personal message from Dr. Paul, delivered two days ago .... accessible at a secure link .... ;)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Dave,

The formula that I usually use to determine percentages is dividing the portion in question by the whole (in this instance that would be $34,970,931 divided by $36,751,705 .... which yields the result of 0.951545812636448 ..... or rounding it off: 95%)

But if it will help at all .... in terms of arriving at a correct mathematical result .... one can use the toes too, as well as the fingers ....

Be sure to get back to us on what you discover .... it may very well be "different" ... "over there" where you are .....

There you go again with these delusional posts. You know there is therapy for that.;)

Not a source I personally would use but YOUR provided link is showing different math. But we will try one more time.

Why Ron Paul's 2012 effort may not really be over - CSMonitor.com

look at his most recent money figures, as crunched by the Center for Responsive Politics. At the end of March, Paul had $1.8 million in cash on hand, with no debt. He’d raised more than $2 million in the preceding 30 days.

Yes, that was a month and a half ago. It’s still plenty of cash for him to jet around and appear where and when he wants to, particularly since we suspect he’s still raising a steady stream of cash from small donations to his online “money bombs.”

So what’s ending? Ron Paul TV ads. Look at Paul’s expenditures this campaign cycle, and you’ll see that he has spent $15 million on communications and media services. That figure is equal to about 40 percent of the total $37 million he’s raised.

Mr. Romney is going to be the GOP nominee, so there’s really no point in Paul wasting money on expensive air time in upcoming primary states. Instead, he can now husband his resources to continue to build his base of committed supporters. He’s spent less than $2 million on air charters in the whole campaign, so continued travel to selected appearances shouldn’t be a financial strain

Soooo...using my math and theirs.....15M looks to be around 40 percent of 37M

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So sad he spent 15,000,000 on ad's and I've only seen 2... EVER

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any. And that was while I was in FL for six months. Romney and Gingrich with a few Santorums thrown in.
Looks like Jesse Benton the Paul campaign manager says they can't get the nomination. He says it is "officially" over.
Ron Paul: Nomination is out of reach, but campaign continues | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

And
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...5/15/gIQAuPUNRU_blog.html?wprss=rss_campaigns

Last edited: