Finally, Ron Paul says he is done

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
It's really telling when some in here will go for Obama if RP isn't the nominee. It really destroys their argument. Four more years of Obama would be a catastrophy.

Four more years of Obama = four years of Romney. Not a nickel's worth of difference.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Oh it is true alright The primaries is when you vote your concious and work hard to get your man elected. Once those have been decided you csn still push for what you believe in but it is time to get the man in office out. No matter how much Romney migjt not be your guy nor voting for him is extremely short sighted just ask all those that voted for Ross Perot, that reslly changed things now didnt it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums
That is about what it comes down to. As to what Romney would or wouldn't do I don't think anyone knows. It would depend on quite a few things. As we see now, even good ideas can't make their way through a dysfunctional Congress.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Four more years of Obama = four years of Romney. Not a nickel's worth of difference.

thought you paid more attention to things than that. Your staement is no where close to reality.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly. My post (#44) bears repeating:

You thought he was a kook until you educated yourself about him. Why did you look into Ron Paul futher? Was it because of what you were reading here in the soapbox? Maybe something Rlent or someone else had posted that caught your attention about this man? What changed your mind about Ron Paul and him possibly being a kook?

Don't worry though, you are in the majority when it comes to paying attention to politics and the candidates running. I think that's why you have some in the soapbox showing the passion that they do for Dr. Paul, because they care and they want to share their passion with others.

I look at all canidates doesnt have anything to do with the soapbox. When I say all there is some fringe party ones I do not spend time on.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Boehner? He isn't tea party.

I was wondering the same thing, if he was talking about Boehner. Its actually quite sad to see the tea party show this man up time after time and make him look more of a fool than he already is.

Whenever I see Boehner I always think of Dean Wormer.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Boehner? He isn't tea party.

I'm mistaken then. I remember him touting the tea party; then the tea party pledging to put someone else into his seat after him dealing with the Democrats.

I've heard the tea party candidates, including Rand, are just becoming more of the same in Congress.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering the same thing, if he was talking about Boehner. Its actually quite sad to see the tea party show this man up time after time and make him look more of a fool than he already is.

Whenever I see Boehner I always think of Dean Wormer.

I have to give a like on that one.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Figured as much. It is all about the foreign policy agenda.
I'm not sure at what the above comment was directed (or even if it's in the correct thread :rolleyes:) .... but the issue that I raised with regard to the diary posted on RedHate concerning the Club for Growth study of freshman "tea party" legislators had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's foreign policy agenda .... foreign policy is not the Club's agenda .... fiscal conservatism is.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think the reason some of those tea party scores aren't as high as they should be is because they voted on things like the debt ceiling and the social security tax cut extension. Not enough people have the tea party's back in other words. The Dems with their close ally the media will demogogue the tea party members at every turn as obstructionist,and economic terrorists for blocking the debt ceiling and sending the economy in further peril. The establishment republicans are split somewhat. A few of them are almost like the Dems in ideology and they view the tea party as bunch of extremists. The rest of the GOP probably is very close to the tea party's views but some won't stand with them because of political reasons such as: They want to take back the senate and whitehouse first and then they can implement more of the tea party ideals. They view the tea party members as not politically savvy,which allows them to become marginalized by all the demogogues who say they want to throw granny off a cliff. Not enough people in congress and the general public sufficiently support the tea party members.