Fedex loads to Express1

G

no terry i have never meet you or your wife, lets end this now, maybe i shouldnt have used the term kiss face, my point i was trying to make over several years of reading your post to answer questions you never seem to side for the drivers but always defend fedex, and just reached a point that i had to say something. just like your post about the miles i you did in one week and you didnt have a problem say what you grossed but didnt want to say what your cost where and your dead head miles, yes your net income is private if you where not posting what you grossed, give the driver the complete details if you are going to give a tease on miles and what you grossed. if you want to keep your income private then keep it private that way you will not have someone like me asking the complete details of the runs.

the other point i was trying to make was, if you always agree with fedex and there polyices, and defend what they do to the drivers, are you happy doing runs for less money than say 6 years ago with gas was .99 a gallon and now $3 per gallon, if you are happy about that then there is nothing i can say to you or ask you. i realize there is not much a driver working for the major expidte company can do or say since these compaines make it so you cant pull together as a group, and i guess if somebody tried they would no longer have a contract, thats sad isnt it. so when a person like me ask or say something about this on this site i find out they will attack you like sharks.

terry i am not say you dont tell people on this site some important imfo yes you do but lets be human, i cant see you always agreeing with the company so why not say it.

i will raise one more question to your people out there and i beleive it was jarhead that said yes the trucking industry is cut throat, i would like maybe you are some of the expiditing company heads to answer the question why they feel they have to cut throat the rates to get bussiness, isnt there anybody with these major compaines feel by cut throating rates it just hurts the profabilty and cause to hire and hire and hire to keep contractors. if the major companies witch i would say would be fedex cc , landstar, panther, no coming into the game ups, kept the rates up and work together everyone would make more money and the shippers would have no choice than to pay the rates for expidited freight then the companies would have to give the customer great service to keep the bussiness and do better than the other company. these compaines say they are giving the best service and better than the other, the only way to prove that is in the service end of it and who gives the best service will win the bussiness and not based on cut throat rates.

whats your opion on this terry

this will be my last post, i will sit back and read your answer and call it a day, i hope all that wrote me are having a nice day and enjoying there rates and happy making less than 6 years ago and allowing the companies to give you no say or choice.

i am sure a lot of you will be glad i will not be back on here, but do hope to read some of the post if somebody on this site agrees with me.

bye

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
how do you know I'll have cheap freight? you don't what I have sir. I have some freight in the works for e units that will be paying the truck that hauls it at least 2 bucks a mile. so i guess i will be mastering cheap freight.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Craig Hannemann AKA Hanceh

I'm pleased that you have decided to refrain from posting here any longer. You have not made any positive contributions here and only display a negative, rude and surely attitude while hiding behind an annonymous screen name and phoney profile.

You refuse to answer my questions and I see no need to answer yours. I will make one last statement to you. I have been with Roberts Express and FedEx Custom Critical for more than 18 years. I am satisfied with our relationship and speak positively about them because of that relationship. I earn less money per mile than I did in the early 90's, but so does every other leased owner with any other company; I could be wrong but I doubt it. It's rather sad that you think that a lonely van driver could possibly have something to do with the low freight rates.

No respose desired or necessary

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As I have never even met him, far be it from me to speak for Terry, and I dare not presume to do so, but in all the reading that I have done on these boards, I cannot recall a single instance where Terry has actually defended anything his carrier has done or said. Above all else, IMHO, Terry comes across as a stone-cold realist. He understands that things are as the are, and he is fully aware of what he, and we, have the power to change. He understands that whether he sings his company's praises, or hammers them hard, either way, the resulting impact he will have is exactly the same. As in, no impact whatsoever. Things are as they are.

As for carriers, large and small, banding together to keep the rates high, that's a pipe dream that simply will not happen. Even if there were such a small handful of carriers where they actually could band together (a.k.a. collusion, something that Congress just luuuuuvs to investigate) and set prices at an artificial level, independents with their own authority would suddenly pop up all over the place and scoop up all the expedited freight.

Expediting is purely market driven, supply and demand. And as long as the supply of available trucks far exceed the demand of freight to be delivered, whoever wants to put in the lowest bid will get the freight. Simple as that.

[font color=red]Why bother wasting time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

[font color=blue]Reality is very powerful illusion and if we are not careful we may find ourselves drawn in by it.

[font color=green]The future will be exactly like the past, only more expensive.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Terry,

One of the things I admire about you guys is that you are pro-Fedex without bashing anyone else. Keep up the good work. It is the relationship we build with our carriers of choice that determine where we are happy at. I am willing to bet that you have had issues with Fed-Ex, as I have had with Panther.....the difference is the old management philosophy of "praise in public, reprimand in private." If I have an issue with Panther, it is brought up in a room with a closed door between me and someone at Panther that can make change happen.....not a forum where all I can do is add fuel to a fire and make my PARTNER look poorly.

As far as a cut-throat busines.....Hanceh do you really think that Fed-ex and Panther decision makers woke up one morning and said "OOOOO I have an idea...let's make our o/o's run for even less money than they did 3 years ago.....we can make more money that way!" Market dictates pricing, and economy dictates market.....and both suck atm. Look at the number of mortgages in default.....look around....all of us would be better off voting the people in office out, than attacking the people that are in the same place we are.

-charlotte

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Keep up the good work, Terry.

I've gained much trustworthy information by reading Terry and Rene's posts over the years and their integrity speaks for itself.

Having said that, for those that still don't get it, here is the problem and the solution to all expediting problems.

Supply and demand.

There is too many drivers and not enough work.

Be safe.

markafd

Expert Expediter
terry and rene, GOOD JOB, I still respect your input even since you sold my van team the van LOL. And everyone should defend there carrier to a point as mad as I was with FDCC when this happened I have no intentions of leaving them. Just praying for better times. P.S. Terry I like the way you handled that now see what you can find out about the original post that so toke a wrong turn somewhere?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Terry did, indeed, handle this situation with the class I've seen from him since I've been a member of this forum. When Terry comes on and explains an issue, I think some take it as being too "pro-company" because he didn't jump on some "the company's ripping us off" bandwagon.

Personally, I see no reason to respect the OPINION of someone whose too ashamed to tell us who they really are.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Which is more important, who wrote it, or what was written? If someone wants to post an opinion anonymously, that's their choice, and I'm sure they have their own reasons for doing so. IMHO, that doesn't make their opinion any less valid or unworthy of respect.

I may not agree with your bumper sticker, but I would defend to the death your right to stick it.

Jesus is coming...
Look busy

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To go on a negative, name calling rant behind a curtain of anonymity is a very small thing to do. Being anonymous was debated here a while back and the pro anonymous folks didn't come up with an argument that justified it in my mind. My name and hometown have been on my profile from day one. My name is also on my truck, along with my screen name, which is also my CB handle, so I'm easy to spot. If someone has an issue with me, I wouldn't be afraid to discuss it with them face to face. I can only assume that the anonymous folks have something to be afraid of.

To better answer your question, what is written is important. If someone is posting in a reasonable tone, not confrontational, ect., the name in the profile wouldn't even come up as an issue for me. I just don't see any GOOD reason for being anonymous.

G

thanks for understanding the right to privacy if one wants it that way, i joined this site using a user name i want to protect my privacy and nothing in the rules or privacy policy said i had to give my real name, so it was my right to do so, but terry i guess felt he had the right to violate my right to privacy and post my name on a message form, i will be talking to management on monday to see what can be done to a person Terry that is a moderator for this site if he as the right to violate someones privacy, if not is he the type person this site wants to be a moderator and spokesman for this site??
agian thank you for your thoughts on my right to privacy.

G

you have the right to voice your opion and i am glad you did, it just shows, you also if you agree with teryy posting my name and violating my right to privacy, you are way out of line also, and have no respect for ones privacy either.
have a great day

G

lets wait and see if you are congatulate terry or not for violating my right to privacy, if you also agree with terry and feel he handled this properly then you are in the same boat as he is with no repsect for one privacy
have a great day

G

i am back, i am not going to refrain telling you are anybody that wants to no you have no respect for ones privacy, and you violated my right to privacy on this site by posting my name
have a great day

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What is it with trouble makers saying they're done posting, then...

Something about last word, I guess.

Just my OPINION!

I'm not Italian, so I don't have an opion.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

G

sorry you feel that way, but i am not going to let terry violate my right to privacy, as you said you have your own opion thats great, hope its everybody as there right to privacy including you
have a great day

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
It's ok Tennessee.

It's normally the ones shooting their mouth off at others with no respect for anyone else that cry like a baby when you pop their bubble. He's just mad at the world and taking it out on everyone here. I love how people become emboldened when they can say whatever emotion comes into their mouth when they can hide behind the anonymity of a screen name. Then they get mad when the world knows who they really are.

Hanceh,

Be careful what kind of weapon you profess to harbor against this forum. Defamation of character is very easy to prove, especially when you have libeled Terry in such a place with so many witnesses.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

G

thank you for your opion, glad your going to share it with others, now that you cut me down how do you feel about your right to privacy whats your opion on that?

have a great day

markafd

Expert Expediter
To the best of my knowledge this is not a public forum but a private one so be it that anyone can come on and look at whats beeing said. But once you want to speak you must register with your name and soforth. And if you wish a screen name, but that is not a shield to attack another in complete secretcy and one should not completely expect to stay a shadow when someone has the power to expose them my advise would be to leave and not post anymore or even better just say your sorry and start over. And it has been so longe since my original post that I even forget why I was so mad oooooooh . I remember sitting, bypassed, slow, farming out did I mention sitting. But seriously there is not anyone out there (I think) that would say its alright thats business if they found out it was them this were happening to and I hope it dosent.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hanceh,Terry does not hide behind a screen name,nor do I or others. We post and say what we wish to say without fear of recrimations. You have been a member of EO for about 12 days and have contributed nothing other then attacks on a individual that has many years of experience and has given solid advice to many.
Why don't you say what has brought you to this forum and what has brought you to this negative posting about one individual. I f your are going to accuse someone of being a KISS FACE say why,otherwise go away.