Fedex loads to Express1

markafd

Expert Expediter
If you are a fedexcc van siting around with no offers. Thank the purple promise as I was Just told after my van was passed by 3 times in detroit and been there since friday. they are partenering with express1 and that is where at least 1 of the loads I should have gotten has gone. Maybe I just found out where all the loads have gone all year. I wonder if Express1 is putting on vans. call your cc and tell them to pass on the thanks.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We hear an awful lot of this. Do you have hard proof that Fedex is doing this or is it your perception?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Is it possible that it originated as a 3rd party logistics provider?
If so, it only means that Express-1 was awarded the bid. May have been based on price, vehicle size, or location.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

markafd

Expert Expediter
when I asked why my van was not offered any of the 3 loads, answer was 1 had less than 75 and one was further out but could make pu. and the 3rd one cc stated it was for pu tomarrow and was dispatched to there partner carrier. and my answer was whaaaaaat. she said they are sending loads to express1 that they can not cover. and as I sat with jaw hanging open and head boiling I asked her how could it not be covered when we were not even asked. and her answer was they do it all the time especially in michigan. wow 14 vans sitting in detroit area right now. So Im only telling you what I was told 2 hours ago from green ohio.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like a mission for Terry....It sounds weird to let thier own equipment sit and farm out the trip to a partner carrier.

So your outta Detroit??? On the move? They paid you to move??

markafd

Expert Expediter
my driver lives in that area so looks like another night at home. I have had my trucks with fdcc for several years and this is just another bad news message from them this week alone. I will be at green in aug for driver appreciation (probably E1 also) and try to get some info. this driver has excellant numbers 90% accept for the year but then there has not been a good time yet this year. still hoping he gets moving today that would sure calm me down a little. Terry if you are reading this please get some info.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Mark: 90% Has not gotten it for a long, long time. It's really pretty simple to figure. You can either fish, or, cut bait.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe they were "cheap" loads like 80- 90 cent range and figured you'd all turn them down so they just cutout the middleman and gave them to people who "normally" run for that much. fishbait???

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
No, OVM. Not fishbait. Either fish, or, cut bait for the fishermen.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
You could be right OVM. A lot of the other companys have driven the van rate real low, so maybe Fedex finds it can make more money by letting E1 run van loads. It is hard to imagine that van rates will go up when so many van operators will haul at these cheap rates. I would consider anything under 1.20 per loaded mile to be cheap freight.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
fastrod..you must be with FDCC or LEA to get that rate...E-1, Panther 3state, bolt are all .75-.85 +fsc range for a CV

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>No, OVM. Not fishbait. Either fish, or, cut bait for the
>fishermen.

OHHHH!!! so beep or get off the pot....*l*

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This seems to tie in with the "brokering out loads" thread. It is a practice that never should happen.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

G

my opion terry will just answer the question to side for fed ex as he usally does, terry doesnt want to say anything agianst fedex he might lose his driver consuel job with them, but lets give him a chance and see what he says.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Markafd,

First thing is if your driver is in the Dearborn or Detroit express center, there always have been a problem with the CLink and that area – I have complained about it, one time it showed me 125 miles from my house when I just moved my van from the street to the driveway after sitting for a week.

The second thing is the Detroit area is horrible to begin with.

Also here is something to add to this mess. I have hauled freight that could not be covered by Express – 1, Panther and Landstar among others. This is normal for companies to work together and there is a “preferred vendors list†that could be based on region or specific areas.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
>my opion terry will just answer the question to side for fed
>ex as he usally does, terry doesnt want to say anything
>agianst fedex he might lose his driver consuel job with
>them, but lets give him a chance and see what he says.

Yes, Hanceh, LET'S! But can we do it without your remarks about how he's a kissarse? Terry is anything but!

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

G

yep your right greg, they all do it to make a buck, but my point to be made, maybe if they couldnt sell loads, maybe the rate might go up and driver would make more money, example if express 1 couldnt cover a load and couldnt call another company to sell its load and make a percentage of the cost the company on its own would have to call another company and get a quote and pay that rate to have it shipped, i say its time for co. to stop cute throating each other and stand up to shippers and say our drivers need to make a living no more cheap frieght.

markafd

Expert Expediter
yes i know about clink in that area wasnt the problem, yes I know about passing loads to other carriers when they cannot cover them. And the answer I was given today was that they were testing a new partner carrier incase we need them. and if thats the case dont put it on the vru as a load dispatched so no one will even know. And my answer is you dont need to test when there is 14 vans sitting there some as many as 70hrs. Lets take care of our own first then pass(test) others our loads. just my concerns when vans have not been moving yet this summer. I know there is a few that will say they are so busy they cant sleep(right). And my point is if you notice your getting passed over (fedex) you may want to call and see why. P.S. I hope your all loaded today.