greg334

Veteran Expediter
"if thats the case dont put it on the vru as a load
>dispatched so no one will even know. And my answer is you
>dont need to test when there is 14 vans sitting there some
>as many as 70hrs. Lets take care of our own first then
>pass(test) others our loads."

markafd,
I 100% agree with this, but I have to ask why test anything? This is business, not some mission critical stuff that people's lives depend on for it to work and once you have the procedures down, there is nothing to test. The sub-carrier fails, than cut the contract loose and move on. Beside after thinking about it, South East Mich should have more than enough coverage.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, I'm not going to make excuses for a company that is selling brokered loads that should've gone to the contractor. But here's something: Yes, the carrier is out to make money. Duh. So are we. If the carrier CAN'T broker a load he can't cover, then guess what. He loses the customer. It doesn't mean the rates can go up. It just means that the freight doesn't get moved that day. Then the customer has to find someone who can. That carrier may have higher or lower rates than the first. If your carrier loses too many customers, then they probably won't need your services anymore.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
hanceh

In my opinion your post needs to be deleted about Terry as you obviously do not know the guy. Terry is great about going to the source and getting facts. Getting the facts is not a good reason for you to go off the deepend. Stick the subject as you do not have any facts.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hanceh: while everyone is entitled to their opinion, credibility isn't granted automatically - it's EARNED, over time. Just ask yourself how much you've earned, in one week, and compare it to the respect earned by Terry over MANY years of contributing, volunteering, and being a big part of making EO the success that it is.
You might eventually become as valued as the man you disrespect, but you've got a long road to travel first. As do most of us, as well.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I was going to say something last week about our new member, anyway Cheri not to disagree but.... I think because of the BS that was said he will have a way to go just to get back to even. But he will end up being a 20 post wonder and then poof, gone.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Cheri,

You've taken the words right out of my mouth. It's interesting to see how the people who talk the most smack are the ones who disable their user ratings. I guess they can't take it quite like they give it.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

G

not looking for anything cherri, just asked a question to terry he doesnt seem to want to answer, and what may be the reason i dont know if he is so trust worthy and as so much credibility on this site. yes my opion may not be worth much to you, but its my opion of terry, and its my opion he wouldnt dare disagree with fedex and say anything negative about fedex because fedex might read what he says on this site, but what does he tell other drivers he meets on the road, is it the same from what i here its not, what is that called by some people having two faces??????

G

i can take anything anybody wants to say about me, you all have your opion i have mine, and just shows, maybe you people cant handle an opion made, did i strike a nerve out here among you all??????

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You may be confusing tact with kissup. Terry is quite honest in his comments and appraisals. He just is more tactful than some when pointing out shortcomings. You are entitled to your opinion however a more tactful presentation may serve you better in the long run.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

markafd

Expert Expediter
as usuall a topic has gone off in other directions. I just ask for other fdcc o/o to take note and ask questions when things are not as they have been. We dont need caracter assinations or thick headed old soldiers (Im one myself) looking down on others as if they know everything about expediting, I learn somthing everyday infact I learned this was happening just the other day. Its all about surviving out there and yes its business as one stated in a previous post, but last I knew we all signed a lease with our carrier, in escence to help each other out by offering and covering loads. And my drivers cant help them if they dont offer them to them first. This is a great platform to gather info and distribute it and occasionaly let off steam but some make it there mission to do nothing but vent on any subject that comes up. Well i will step down from my soapbox and let the next person take a swing.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
hanceh,
It's pretty clear that you don't know Terry, but I'm sure he would be more than glad to sit down with you and answer your questions....and if you would take time to listen to what he says you may walk away a little smarter , if thats at all possible.

Good day,
Danny

G

ever thought its people like terry that sides all the time with the company and sides with the industry on a whole as company man that keeps our rates low, i know your with one of best paying co. in the expiditing industry, but not everybody can work for one company, at least your company doesnt cute throat to stay in bussiness like so many others, the other companies seem to think cute throating is the way to stay in bussiness. its time drivers stand up for a change and voice there opion and start demanding the rates they are worth and stop excepting loads that pay less than 6 years ago when gas was .99 a gallon.
so yes i have my opion about terry and the way he always agrees with the side of the company, its people like him that lets major companies get away with what they do. so no i dont think i would learn from someone that keeps us from getting what we are worth out here, or a person willing to sit back and do nothing about it. you all think i have something agiasnt terry was just try to say what i felt about is comments and is ways. that i dont agree with. you may want to stand up for him i dont.
thank you for your comments

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
hanceh,
i know i'm not terry's favorite person but him not getting on here and bad mouthing the company he's currently leased to show's just how smart he is. i know this really doesn't mean much to him but i think he's making a wise choice. plus if you have a personal beef with terry why not take it up with him thru pm or email. i have a lot of respect for him and i don't appreciate you bad mouthing him for no reason.

G

sorry you feel i am bad mouthing terry, i am just giving an opion on what he does for drivers if you read my last post. now whats your opion on what i said in my last post? are you saying terry is smart by not wanting to disagree with anything his company says, maybe your right might not get a new contract if he does so. maybe truckers just dont have the backbone to take a stand and stop putting up with companies rolling back there and your rate, thats the only way a lot of companies can make it by cut throat each other for bussiness and cut your rates to stay in bussiness at your exspense.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
sorry to break the news to you but trucking is a cut throat business. i understand where your coming from. i'd be hacked off if my company gave a load to another outfit while i was sitting but i'd get all the info before i went on a rant. for all you know the express 1 who got the load could have had a death in the family or maybe he needed to get home for military drill and and e1 called fedex and explained the situation and fedex helped them out. you said they are sister companies that's what sister companies do help one another out. maybe it's like another poster said the rate was cheap and they knew you guys wouldn't take it. there is a limitless amount of scenarieos to this situation. it may be in your best interest to get your own authority so you can book your own loads and have control of that aspect of your business.i know certain companies like panther let owners book there own loads, maybe you want to go there so you can book your own freight. i'm off the road right now for health reason's and i'm in the process of getting my brokering authority and when i get where i can hit the road again i'll get set up for operating my own truck. so then if i don't like the loads i'll only have myself to blame.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Hanceh: Who are you? do you know me or Rene'? Do we know you?. Send me a PM and introduce yourself.

markafd

Expert Expediter
jarhead, none of your scenarios fit this issue and you would have seen that if you paid attention when you were reading the post. Im pretty sure you will master the cheap frieght when you are up and running? good luck

markafd

Expert Expediter
hello terry and rene glad to see you showed up. hope you brought your boxing gloves. But on a serious note see what you can find out about this most importantly how often they plan on doing this practice.