Fed Ex and can't see the forest for the trees

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Gee, I see that has nothing more then what it said, a pleasant surprise....I mean from my understanding of the Landstar system, Phil and & Diane will need to do some`"leg work" as to marketing themselves to the agents...Some when you start doing just that, i am sure it was pleasant to know thay they had heard of who they were and were available....where does that come off as anything other then what it is??

As I said, i hold no great admiration for Phil and some of the things he sayes certainly comes off as pompous and he definitely can come off as such and his "style" wears thin at times....but who doesn't???

To my thinking everyone needs to let this die..unless you just what to keep stirring the crap up....I mean its not like Phil is a "public" political rep like obama....:rolleyes::D

Last edited:

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I'm just happy to see some postings that are not tearing down FXCC. I wish more folks would come out of the shadows like me and admit to being very happy with FXCC....

Happy with this nonsense like 8 hrs break after drop, no way to get a run toward your home... not making any money because they just dont care about you they care about shareholders... The worst company ever...and pay is lower than others .. 85 cpm in a cargo van
I'm not happy

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having opinions is encouraged and a good thing.

Sharing opinions can be a good thing and usually is encouraged.

Negative opinions are not such a good thing and not encouraged.

Sharing negative opinions in open forum with vocabulary you know you have to mask or it will be censored is a bad thing and not to be done. Keep it to yourself or within private messages.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Leo, after reading your post I wonder why you would have an American flag as your avatar.

(The above sentence is of course my opinion) :p

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You have to take the whole, which clearly refers to personal attacks and negativity toward another user. Have as negative an opinion as you wish toward companies, equipment, locations etc. so long as the vocabulary is acceptable.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about Leo's Flag, all though i consider Leo a "Great American Conservative" who I share alot of opinions with...But Id like to find 2 24 inch decals of OVM's Flag avatar!! Those would look good on side of my "newly" striped Cargo Max..:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
New to this, but here goes. We were with FedEx CC for 3 1/2 years. We came to LEAM with no regrets. We don't dis on FDCC. It seems to me that if Phil and Diane want to make it work with LEAM they need to let go of FDCC. We are proud of LANDSTAR, love it here. Phil gives the impression that all LANDSTAR needed was them to make there company wonderful. We don't talk about our company because we don't need to, except to say they treat us great. I read Phil's blogs and I just hope he soon goes on to another topic. LANDSTAR stands on there own, they don't need your help. We all work hard with in our own companies, yours and others, we don't need to dis on each other, it's called being a grown-up I think. Thanks

Thank you

This is well put.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Happy with this nonsense like 8 hrs break after drop, no way to get a run toward your home... not making any money because they just dont care about you they care about shareholders... The worst company ever...and pay is lower than others .. 85 cpm in a cargo van
I'm not happy

Thats funny, I dont get 8 hr break after drop.... unless I have 700 in. Ive been tyin short ones together.

Run towards home... if I wanna go, I only take a run goin that way, or take off on my dime.

Pay lower than others? Which ones? Folks I talk to are running 70 cents or so. Only ones I hear making more is Load 1, and possibly Landstar.... most others are lower.

Are they perfect? Nope.... but not jumpin the fence yet!

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Having opinions is encouraged and a good thing.

Sharing opinions can be a good thing and usually is encouraged.

Sharing negative opinions in open forum with vocabulary you know you have to mask or it will be censored is a bad thing and not to be done. Keep it to yourself or within private messages.

I got a slight hunch this is directed at my post.......

Better not be..........

My opinion was directed towards Phils Blog Post, not my personal opinion of Phil. (I still respect and admire the guy despite what his thoughts are of me)

The "vocabulary that was masked" came from someone elses opinion of Phil, not mine.

Read what was posted, not what you think was posted.

If it wasn't directed at my post, then...........nevermind. :rolleyes:

:D:p:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not happy

Gee....I guess I'll go with the obvious. Why are you still there?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
The masking, or censoring software has errors. For example, I recently typed the word that sounds like "bass-turd". The software masked it, IMHO, erroneously. One definition of that word is a file used to shape metal; another is one that I am proud to say that I am the parent of two of. Again, neither warranted masking, IMHO.

The comment was meant for me, Brisco.

Did the TOS change, Leo? Wait.......didn't you and Turtle hash this very same issue out not long ago?

In other words, until the TOS change, I'll continue to mask at my pleasure.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I find it hard to believe this is still dragging on. :confused: Is jabbing back in forth in this post THAT much FUN? :confused:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about Leo's Flag, all though i consider Leo a "Great American Conservative" who I share alot of opinions with...But Id like to find 2 24 inch decals of OVM's Flag avatar!! Those would look good on side of my "newly" striped Cargo Max..:D

Next to the Shaggin' Wagon stickers?:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wasssa Maattter???

More activity up here than down in the SoapBox gettin' under your skin a little?? :D :D :D

DARN, figured it out! LOL!! NO, not really. Still on vacation. Waiting for the rest to get home so I can eat supper. Might go fishing if there is enough light left. The lights on the boat are not working so I can't night fish.