February

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Less likely to happen since the change as less people are doing the same jobs so that does help cut the chances down some.
I understand the rest, but for me at least, it seems to happen more now. But, the actual dispatch reorganization is not all that old so maybe it during the transitional period.

Anyway, your aware of it. That was my intention. Ive been meaning to ask about it, Dreamer's post just reminded me.

Thanks for the explanation!

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
For working only 3 weeks last month, I am not disappointed in the outcome. Although the loaded mile pay was a lot lower than usual, it was still in the acceptable range for me.

Lets hope the freight and rates get better this month! And the weather!

Get well soon, John!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am so sorry to hear very sad,

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

guido4475

Not a Member
I am sorry for our loss. It is very unfortunate.Do we know why he was on the side of the road? Landstar has a policy called their "Sitting duck" policy that prohibits a driver from pulling over on the side of the road or entrance/exit ramp unless it is a complete emergency. Violation of this policy ends in immediate termination.Harsh, but it could save a life. Did this driver have a family?If so, will there be a fund of some kind to help out his family with expenses? This really saddens me, as I may of talked to him in the lot at one time or another, without really knowing his name.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We believe he had a mechanical issue so I am guessing he pulled over out of necessity. But we are honestly still trying to determine all of the facts. Once we know more we will have a clearer picture. Yes, we will be doing something for the family, just don't have a plan as of yet.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
We believe he had a mechanical issue so I am guessing he pulled over out of necessity. But we are honestly still trying to determine all of the facts. Once we know more we will have a clearer picture. Yes, we will be doing something for the family, just don't have a plan as of yet.

That is so sad ...we will be praying.

Dale

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good morning all! woke to another snow covered day..kinda ruined my plans to hang the bedding outside..dryer it is! well..after the sun comes up...still dark here.

So anyone got any good news..good trips...new babies...got that promotion? We sure could use some and about all I've got this morning is the cats sure do love that cat grass I planted for them..they eat it like salad! I'm still a week or two away from starting my seeds for the garden, but we are having a warming trend over the next few days.

Hope you all enjoy your day, stay warm and get that fantastic trip that makes your day!:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I don't plan on being near any ground hogs today.....so early spring it is.:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Well he didn't see his shadow so let's hope his prediction of an early spring is better than weather.com...lol