EO Graduate 2

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>...I have been
>a single truck oo with Pantehr and grossed over 270,000 in 8
>months.

You have my attention. $270,000 in 8 months as a solo driver? What kind of truck? Can you elaborate please? I have said many times on the Open Forum that the way to succeed as an expediter is to figure out what the successful ones are doing and do that yourself. I am always interested in how the top producers do what they do. $270,000 gross in 8 months puts you in the upper ranks. Please share more.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I totaly agree Team. 270 in eight months????!!!! Even we don't get there, with a single in the truck. Whom are you :censoredsign:ting today?? Not me, I will assure you!!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>Even we
>don't get there, with a single in the truck.

"Even we don't get there,...?" What do you get to and how do you do it?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Phil: We are in the expedite business, and "we", are the best there is. Period!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Evasive answer. I asked what YOU do and how you do it. Perhaps I misunderstood your first reply. Please clarify what you meant.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Phil: I drive, dispatch, pay contractors, fix tires, complain, pay bills, complain, coordinate loads, find customers, complain, go to bed, get up, complain, then, get up and do it all over again. Capisch??

heel4you

Expert Expediter
I too would like to know with one staight truck (single or team?, how one would make that kind of money in 8 short months. Please FAMILYEXPDT if you could elaborate a little more (or alot!) on how this was accomplished.
Thanks,
Laura

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Wow...I guess you guys really do not read and remember too much huh? We are a team. Our first truck was a tractor. We ran it for a year and started buying strait trucks to put teams into......we listened to what we were told to do....acceptance 100% is very possible to do...because you have 3 ways that you are not penalized by refusals when you are offered a crappy load. Get out of them if at all possible...if not possible and there is some benefit to you no matter how small....suck it up and run it. If there is no benefit no matter what way you look at it then turn it down and take the refusal. Watch your numbers every day every load offer.....mistakes are made and you will get hit with a refusal you should not have....get it fixed. Make yourself as marketable as possible....hazmat, fast pass, csa.....all os these are loads that you are not eligible for if you do not meet the requirements. Be your own best advocate...create your opportunities and be a true partner and CEO. It has worked for us....hopefully we add truck number 10 this month.

-charlotte

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Phil... why should the Col answer a question you've evaded since you've been here? When you say it's rude and obnoxious to come out and ask someone what they make then do it yourself, I smell hypocracy. If I misunderstood you, please clarify.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
Family:
Owning a lot of trucks and living next door to one of the high ups in PII doesn't hurt you I guess. See I know the story. Keep bragging but if you don't own multiple trucks at PII you struggle. Keep feeding the line. I bought it once, never again. As for what you made in 8 months I can believe that for all the reasons above.
Have a great day and please forget to write.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't see expediting companys any better then the taxi business. I was an O/O of one plate for almost 6 yrs. And every September the fleet owner got the best school runs and medical runs...single guys got what was left over...Fleets are worth more then a single. I mean its so logical you lose a single thats 1 truck, lose a fleet? So who's gonna be taken care of? Some here are going to jump on here a couple fleet owners and say unequivically that doesn't happen. Give me a break!

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
I think you have got it O'man
I am not jealous about someone owning a fleet. Investing 500K in 5 or 6 units is not my cup of tea. But to speak almost braggingly if there is such a word of how much you make speaks to me arogance. I own only one. Hope I can make it with that one. I know in PII situation I would take care of the fleet owner. My one truck means nothing and that is fine. That among other things is why I am movin on.
Stay safe!
robsdad

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
me neither...I mean if someone has that kind of investment power to them it's thier business...and I'll take care of my business the best that suits me. Everyone has certain criteria to meet.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
LOL...Robsdad. YOur ignorance is kind of amazing me. I am not bragging about how much we made with one truck...I am telling you and everyone else that wants to blame Panther for their failure to figure out how to be successful that you can be successful with ONE TRUCK. We were, and that ONE TRUCK we turned into 9. We have not always owned "multiple trucks" as you put it. Another serious misconception you have is that we live next door to a "high-up" in Panther. We do not live in the same neighborhood that Panther "high-ups" do. We still struggle to grow our business so we do without a lot to make sure we can take of our drivers AND add more trucks. We spent so much money on hotel bills coming to ohio last year that it was cheaper for us to buy a house here and get a tax write off.....we live 3 doors down from a TRAINER at Panther.....not even a vp or president or senior staff...a TRAINER who has absolutley NO POSITION OF POWER at Panther...so tell me what exactly that did to help us grow? YOU did not succeed at Panther....MANY people do. YOU did not succeed and you would rather blame Panther than accept that you could not see how to make it work and how to make the right decisions. Am I being harsh? Yeah I am but you come on here and say that I am bragging and insinuate that I get "special treatment" from Panther and you ##### me off because you do not know what we went thru and go thru on a daily basis to be successful..we did not cut and run when things got hard....and yes they got hard.
Let me make sure you get this MOST SOLE PROPRIETER BUSINESSES FAIL BECAUSE PEOPLE CANNOT KEEP THEIR EYES ON LONG RANGE GOALS AND LET SHORT TERM EXPECTATIONS DETER THEM FROM THEIR LONG RANGE GOALS AND PLANS. There is an old saying "keep your eye on the prize". I would guess that every single person that is successful running their business does that. There were many times we wanted to quit. There were many 300-400 mile loads we got offerred and ran as a team. There were many times we said "guys we are a team...we have run enough crap this week how about a team run" There are many loads we have turned down because they were not profitable. The difference between us and you is our business plan is long range. If we had done like you we would still be jumping from carrier to carrier blaming them for our lack of knowledge on how their system operates. My guess is that you will fade from this forum when you fail miserable whereever you go...whether unrealistic expectations in the short term or unable to grasp the nature of the beast. I feel like Paul Harvey....."the rest of the story".

-charlotte

ps....as far as "investment power" we had NONE. We found people that were getting out of expediting and wanted to get rid of their trucks and we made lease purchase deals with them. We started with all used trucks and WE fixed up sleepers and put money into trucks to make them nice and we grew like that. We have not had the financial backing to finance any truck...even our tractor was leased thru a lease purchase with Covenant Transport. I imagine had we had financial backing we maybe would have gone about it a different way and possibly looking back gone bankrupt if we had 2k a month payments on new trucks.

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
I have read your response and it does not surprise me.
You have all the answers.
My business plan does not include PII or you.
I have not lashed out at you or said anything out of the way.
However, I have made my choice to move on. As for you and your smart remarks.
Two words.
BITE ME!!!!!!!!
Have a safe day!!!
robsdad

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>Phil... why should the Col answer a question you've evaded
>since you've been here? When you say it's rude and obnoxious
>to come out and ask someone what they make then do it
>yourself, I smell hypocracy. If I misunderstood you, please
>clarify.
>
>-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

I have in the past been very specific...to the penny... on our earnings. The problem is, when I state the numbers a firestorm immediately erupts and the thread gets deleted. I was hoping other top producers, like the the Col would start talking about their earnings. That is why I asked.

Even if I had never posted our earnings but asked others to do so, it is hardly an act of hypocracy. If someone has never posted their front axle weight and asks others about theirs, is it hypocracy? I'm afraid you are sadly mistaken.

Coming out of the gate a bit harsh, aren't you?

I am glad to see FAMILYEXPEDITE clarify her remarks. $280,000 gross to a tractor/trailer rig in 8 months with Panther II; done by accepting 100% of all loads. Do I have that much correct?

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
And let me state publicly.
Charlotte is a sweet lady and a pleasure to talk to. She also knows more about expediting than I will know in my lifetime. Hard working gal that believes in Panther. Good luck to you and stay safe!
robsdad