Do you carry extra keys?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
i don't shut my door until i check to see that my spare is hooked to my belt loop....i can't stop thinking of how stupid i would feel to come out and see the truck gone because i didn't lock the door.

U haven't been to Grundy county , Tennessee,,just take ur truck there, lock it up. go away for 2 days,,it will not be there when u get back, its a guarantee, they have schools there on auto and truck removal IMO.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Do you carry extra keys?

Yes I do!I keep one key either in the ignition or toss it in the cup holder. I have another key stashed in a secret magnetic key holder hidden on the driver's side frame rail just south of the second body mount point.

I have another van key on my 6" diameter key ring that is connected to a 36" length of retractable chain. The 6" diameter key ring also contains keys to locks I previously owned or never owned which includes but is not limited to: 1973 Mercury Capri, several Ford keys, a key embossed Briggs & Stratton that was the ignition key for my 1963 IH pickup and also opened, I swear this is the truth, Tampax vending machines, a roller skate key, miscellaneous padlock keys, old house and apartment keys and one skeleton key.

I also keep a spare van key in my chain-drive wallet along with some money, credit cards, beef jerky, my cell phone number, an extra pair of socks, underwear, my Boy Scouts of America ID card, iodine tablets and a spork.

If u ever fall down, u maybe missing some private body parts u may need later on,,,I would get rid of some keys,, the Tampax vending machine key thing is hilarious.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now everyone on this site can break into your truck with the secret hidden key :rolleyes:
They can break into my van but they will not be able to drive off with it. I have a secret kill switch under the dash between the steering column and the dog house. Unless you flip that switch to the ON position, you ain't goin' nowheres!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I always carry my keys around my neck and there is an ignition key hidden

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I keep spares in a couple places, at least one of which I can remember if needed, cos my dog sometimes locks me out.
I gotta try them on some vending machines, one of these days. :D

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Always carry extras, one set is left in the truck while it is running, and I carry 2 sets on my person.