Dec locations...more or less

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Hey, good news, I found my van! It was under that pile of ice in the driveway!

Sheesh... not that much snow here, but the rain, and rapidly dropping temps covered everything in a shell of ice. It took about an hour of idling to get it warmed up enough to chip and scrap the ice off the windows. There was a solid inch on the windshield.

Planning to be around for the weekend and New Years, so told dispatch I'm available for locals/shorter stuff...still have one family Christmas to do.

Me

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got one for tomorrow morning. It's only 180 miles, but it gets me moving.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
It was a great and busy day today..Or yesterday, I mean,,, Started the day off with making a double batch of Nesle Tollhouse cookies, then started making dinner, Breaded porkchops, scalloped potatoes, rolls, and peas.salad..It turned out awesome! I promised the girl I used to date when I was 17 that I'd make her a nice dinner, and that it was...a very special night indeed....After all these years feelings start to re-surface between the two of us...Were going to spend the new years eve together, and the van should be ready to roll by then, and then, it is going to be hard going back to work after all of this, but there has to be a happy medium in all of this...somehow..thank God she says she understands I have to do what I have to do to make dreams come alive, so I am hoping and wanting this to work.

guido4475

Not a Member
The van is ready to roll...oil changed, tire pressure checked, lubed, new Autozone duracrap battery, new ignition switch, new steering column bushings, new gearshift lever.....wiper blades....I think I got it all...lol...

New cell phone, I love it!!

Somehow I get the feeling I am alone in a room, talking to myself....lol...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
The van is ready to roll...oil changed, tire pressure checked, lubed, new Autozone duracrap battery, new ignition switch, new steering column bushings, new gearshift lever.....wiper blades....I think I got it all...lol...

New cell phone, I love it!!

Somehow I get the feeling I am alone in a room, talking to myself....lol...
Do you hear an echo?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A day to remember: My American Bald Eagle sighting submission.

Wow I thought I was seeing things, but after seeing the recent
postings about 60-70 miles from me I feel better. I saw two mature
eagles sitting in the middle of a small lake next to my house in Kimball,
Michigan 48074 on 12/29/2012 at around 1pm. I saw something unusually
large on the ice covered lake and thought they were small kids at
first so I got my binoculars for a closer look. I was shocked at what
I was seeing. I went to get my camera but as I returned they
beautifully sored away before I could get a picture. This will be a
day to remember.

(There have been 8 reported sightings this month, the last at Pontiac Lake State park in Waterford, MI on 12/19/12. And in Taylor, MI on 12/17/12 according to baldeagleinfo.com).

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A day to remember: My American Bald Eagle sighting submission.

Wow I thought I was seeing things, but after seeing the recent
postings about 60-70 miles from me I feel better. I saw two mature
eagles sitting in the middle of a small lake next to my house in Kimball,
Michigan 48074 on 12/29/2012 at around 1pm. I saw something unusually
large on the ice covered lake and thought they were small kids at
first so I got my binoculars for a closer look. I was shocked at what
I was seeing. I went to get my camera but as I returned they
beautifully sored away before I could get a picture. This will be a
day to remember.

(There have been 8 reported sightings this month, the last at Pontiac Lake State park in Waterford, MI on 12/19/12. And in Taylor, MI on 12/17/12 according to baldeagleinfo.com).

Such a beautiful bird....we have quite a few out here....HUGE wing spans...

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Happy New Years...Gang.....
ken I am checking my calendar uuuuummm yep it is the 3oth yep but nothing like being early
View attachment 5940 but I to agree with you HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH & EVERY MEMBER OF THE LOAD 1 FAMILY, the guys who sweep the buildings, the girls in settlement , the girls in safety & Bill,Vince,Brian the guys in the workshop,the guys in warehouse,the general office staff upstairs in expedite,truckload & specialize divison joe carny rick mike jr mike sr the drivers even the annoying ones lol promise techonology will eventually hit me still coming to terms with cells phones ,, you see in the outback we use carrier pigeons for commucations or kangaroo,s . and last but not least a very HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE MAN WHO MADE ALL THIS POSSIBLE HAPPY NEW YEAR JOHN & YOUR FAMILY .. :) KEN I LOVE YOUR HIGHLIGHTED COMMENT ..LOL

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Well after several days off and a relaxing time time to hit the road is approaching just a few more drinks , and like willie would sing on the road again . I hope everyone had a very joyous xmas with familys & friends and a great night on Monday bringing in 2013 .. well finish doing 2012 tax prep all I need well the accountant is the final number but knowing this will not be till the end of jan but looks like it has been a good year for pjtransport .due to the state of the country but I feel it in my old bones that 2013 is going to be better , & the girl that read the tea leaves the other night wow is all I can say . even more wow I MEAN WOW miss pam & I not argue once since I been off the road .. & my health issues well everything is good now ..

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
I got one question ok been home since Christmas eve not stop snowing since I been home just when over to truck there is a figgin mountain of snow on top of it , there is a suppose law this must be removed , I want to know how ? climb a ladder fall break my neck, arm , yep good so anyone who knows would dearly love to know the answer . etc PA,NJ,NY,CT,MA, got a law on the books that snow must be removed before entering a hwy . snowy covered wombat !

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got one question ok been home since Christmas eve not stop snowing since I been home just when over to truck there is a figgin mountain of snow on top of it , there is a suppose law this must be removed , I want to know how ? climb a ladder fall break my neck, arm , yep good so anyone who knows would dearly love to know the answer . etc PA,NJ,NY,CT,MA, got a law on the books that snow must be removed before entering a hwy . snowy covered wombat !

Mcdonalds drive through will take care of it.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Mcdonalds drive through will take care of it.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123
Well thanks xiggi I thought that was a bloody good answer if that the case why did I not think of that ! wow could even go up to the warren wally world might not do to much for the box but will remove the snow .. & the clearance lights the roof but the snow will be clear reminds me to buy you a brekkie up at isis ok for a 10 out 10 answer .. snowy covered wombat