CLint Eastwood to speak at the Republican Convention

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is that what I am missing?....limited terms or term limits?

Term limits are not needed. All we have to do is vote them out. As I said, the People of the United States are responsible for this mess. FAR too many go into the booth and pull the "D" lever or the "R" level because their mommy and daddy did, or their union told them too or this special interest told them too. They vote for the 'lessor of two evils' hoping that the 'less evil one' can 'slow the damage'. SO, election in and election out they vote in the same people. AND it continues.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
What about the people who do not vote the party line? I am a Republican, sort of, and I regularly vote for a democrat because of the chairmanship he holds and the number of military bases located in the state. Without him being in the position he is, and the clout to fight BRAC, he would have been routed years ago. Our state cannot afford to lose bases and the related jobs.

Scott

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What about the people who do not vote the party line? I am a Republican, sort of, and I regularly vote for a democrat because of the chairmanship he holds and the number of military bases located in the state. Without him being in the position he is, and the clout to fight BRAC, he would have been routed years ago. Our state cannot afford to lose bases and the related jobs.

Scott

That is one of the best arguments for term limits. Most people want new polititions except in there own state or district. Although I understand your thinking I believe it is short sighted. So many have the same frame of mind so nothing ever changes. Maybe if we could vote for senators or congressman in every state but our own more change would be achieved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well Clint said: We own this country and the politicians work for the taxpayers. That said, why do we or us keep electing the same old crowd? Is that smart??????????????????

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Xiggi explained it perfectly: we don't like 'special interests', except when they're our special interests.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I watched it uncut, Clint he made a fool out of himself.
that is realy Sad.

About Voting them all out: If they do 2 terms then they still get paid After they leave office, or did we forget that.
That needs to get Changed But I said that in another Tab.
Term Limits Im all for it, but letting them get paid after 2 terms I say No. Make them do 20 years of Logged Volunteeer Community Service Every weekend, then if they do then they get paid their so called Retirement) "Community Service Means Serving the Public ect on the weekends" Every weekend and during the week holding a Real working Job White collar or Blue Collar not sitting on their duffs collecting money for nothing. Now how many Free Bird Gold Diggers (Politicians would we realy have)? Not many I bet. I won't point the Finger at either party as Gold Diggers on both sides will jump Ship.

Clint made a few good points Afganastan and the 23 million unemployed to name a couple.
Just wish he hadent made a fool of himself for a buch of Burocrats

Wishen Everyone a Happy Labor Day Weekend.

1210000417_0001.jpg

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Clint was great. All the libs hated him for doing it so it must have worked like a charm. Although he wasn't silky smooth with his presentation, he was able to hammer home pearls of wisdom in between his slight stammering. Just brilliant.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
He was hilarious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Yup, he was.
That was Eastwood [the man], not The Man With No Name, or Dirty Harry, or anyone he's played on screen, but the man himself.
The man who has 7 children by 5 women, only 2 of whom he married. One he didn't [Sondra Locke] spent the whole 14 years of their relationship married to someone else. Who was openly gay.
I like Eastwood's characters, but his real character, not so much.
A better example of the hypocrisy of their 'Family Values' would be tough to find.
As for the performance, I think he should have retired already - he clearly wasn't in great shape, and it was sad to see him [literally] scratching his head.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If democrats were smart they would bring in Betty White. She would be just as funny I think.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yup, he was.
That was Eastwood [the man], not The Man With No Name, or Dirty Harry, or anyone he's played on screen, but the man himself.
The man who has 7 children by 5 women, only 2 of whom he married. One he didn't [Sondra Locke] spent the whole 14 years of their relationship married to someone else. Who was openly gay.
I like Eastwood's characters, but his real character, not so much.
A better example of the hypocrisy of their 'Family Values' would be tough to find.
As for the performance, I think he should have retired already - he clearly wasn't in great shape, and it was sad to see him [literally] scratching his head.

Why are you bringing up Clint's personal life. What does that have to do with anything?
Most people like and respect what he has to say.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I brought up his personal life [as already explained] because it wasn't the actor on stage, it was the person.
Most people like the roles he has played, and/or his talents as a director, but that's what the Oscars are for - the RNC is about the character of the Republican party and the candidate chosen to represent them. The people Romney calls friends [like Eastwood] are an indication of that character, which makes Eastwood's character relevant, IMO.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I brought up his personal life [as already explained] because it wasn't the actor on stage, it was the person.
Most people like the roles he has played, and/or his talents as a director, but that's what the Oscars are for - the RNC is about the character of the Republican party and the candidate chosen to represent them. The people Romney calls friends [like Eastwood] are an indication of that character, which makes Eastwood's character relevant, IMO.

So long as your consistent in your thought process regarding character of a person chosen by the candidate to represent them. Did you know that Wednesday, none other than former President Bill Clinton will be giving the keynote address at the Democratic convention. He most assuredly will be recommending that people reelect Obama. This is the same Bill Clinton that sexually harrassed many women,cheated on his wife plenty of times and was accused of rape from a women by the name of Juanita Broderick.
Broaddrick details alleged rape by Clinton
So you posed the statement : A better example of hypocosy of their values would be hard to find. No not really.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He's an actor, nothing more.

Most people I know could not care one iotta what an actor has to say about the real world.

I can agree with that for the most part,but there are a lot of people unfortunatly are swayed by what some celebrity has to say. Most of them happened to be on the left. If they didn't believe they had any influence over people they probably wouldn't use them so much.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Oh....I don't know? If he was a current politician I might agree. In this case, not so much. I think he was brought in to say the things the current politicians couldn't say. His personal life in that regard matters little.

I was going to mention the Clinton era of sin but someone beat me to it. :cool: