anyone getting loads?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I dunno .... 'cause I dunno how many is where you are at and how many loads are moving out of there .... but I can tell ya when I called Dispatch earlier in the day there was 1 van and a Sprinter (me) in northeast Ohio (Akron/Canton/Cleveland metro area)

I've been 1st out since sometime on Saturday when I came home, and I got no calls from Dispatch since returning ..... it's looking like a slow Monday here.

Ooops .. spoke to soon .... they called about a load ..... looks like we didn't get it though .... no call back.

OVM ...... we're gonna hafta put you out to pasture if ya keep this up ....... and you live in SD ..... sheesh ......

Last edited:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We just got back on duty today since taking off b4 Christmas.
Sat on Monday but got a run from Pittsburgh to Winterhaven pu Tues drop Wed.
From 7 to 70 in one day. Cant be good for my system. Oh the things I endure
for this industry.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
DH'd up from Marion IN. to Indy. Loaded and heading to Janesville Wisc, nothing long, a couple hundred miles, pay is ok.

That's a good sign Cheff. It means that GM is up and running some what. I hope Janesville remains open for some time to come despite the fact that it is scheduled to close. Sorry about the misinformation. I've only been to Janesville once.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a good sign Cheff. It means that ford is up and running some what. I hope Janesville remains open for some time to come despite the fact that it is scheduled to close.

Isn't that GM in Janesville?? Is that the only business there? Quite the assumption...

Rlent......hehehe....Like I said..... rookies do snow and ice....I don't need to do that anymore....:D

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I did a Ford delivery the other day. I don't know if we can read anything into that, but we can always hope.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok!! Well it was a screw up, went to stuartevant not janesville, i caught it on the shipper BOL sooooo... Anyhow it is delivered and i am at the Wally world puttin my house back together. Had to fold and strap the bunk up to get 3 skids in. Anyhow, thanks for the strom warning, didn't get much over 55 most of the way and it was 35 as soon as I hit 90 , got up to 55 the closer i got to wisc, but it was a mess.

OVM, I owe ya a cup of coffee and one of these days will pay up.

It is GM in janesville and they are closed up tight as a drum. This was a NLM load to CASE....

And yea RELENT, I'll take one a day anytime!!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
yup. I always get my plants mixed up. I think being out here on my winter vacation in California with 87 degree weather has given me the early onset of dimentia of the alzheimers type. I knew I had that wrong before I posted it. I should have did a google search.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yup. I always get my plants mixed up. I think being out here on my winter vacation in California with 87 degree weather has given me the early onset of dimentia of the alzheimers type. I knew I had that wrong before I posted it. I should have did a google search.

After awhile they all look the same, only the name changes...

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
"A moose is asleep. He is dreaming of moose drinks.
A goose is asleep. He is dreaming of goose drinks.
That's well and good when a moose dreams of moose juice.
And nothing goes wrong when a goose dreams of goose juice.
But it isn't too good when a moose and a goose
Start dreaming they're drinking the other one's juice.
Moose juice, not goose juice, is juice for a moose.
And goose juice, not moose juice, is juice for a goose.
So, when goose gets a mouthful of juices of mooses
And moose gets a mouthful of juices of gooses
They always fall out of their beds screaming screams
So, I'm warning you, now! Never drink in your dreams. "

-Theodor Seuss Geisel,the sleep book

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I drive for Bolt Express and wonder if anyone is having problems getting loads. I have been stuck in Toledo since 12-15 and have 1 load on 12-30(100 mi) and nothing since. I've been 1st out for almost a week now and nothing. Are all of the expediting companies this slow? Just wondering if its us or everyone. Any info would really help. thanks, chris B265

I'm with Fedex Custom Critical and although I haven't been in Toledo I usually get out about every 2 or 3 days.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
DH'n to Manitowoc wisc, haulin to livonia Mi... Don't have a QC yet , just the PU address, but id be willing to bet thats a FoMoCo delivery....seeya all later

moose

Veteran Expediter
"A moose is asleep. He is dreaming of moose drinks.
A goose is asleep. He is dreaming of goose drinks.
That's well and good when a moose dreams of moose juice.
And nothing goes wrong when a goose dreams of goose juice.
But it isn't too good when a moose and a goose
Start dreaming they're drinking the other one's juice.
Moose juice, not goose juice, is juice for a moose.
And goose juice, not moose juice, is juice for a goose.
So, when goose gets a mouthful of juices of mooses
And moose gets a mouthful of juices of gooses
They always fall out of their beds screaming screams
So, I'm warning you, now! Never drink in your dreams. "

-Theodor Seuss Geisel,the sleep book

Thanks.

Kill the Juice !

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20081229NYDeathJuice.jpg

Moose. :)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Mjolnir... out of all the Dr Seuss stories I've read to my kids, that one is the hardest. Too many tongue twisters. Fun to read, nonetheless. :)