anyone getting loads?

Marty

Veteran Expediter
I'm with LEAM and have had only 3 small loads since the week before Thanksgiving. There are only 8 vans loaded for the whole company today.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
One of my old friend Kahlil's sayings..
"Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge"..
On another post, which I can't access becuz we're not with Panther, a poster was miffed at a .70 offer with .10 fsc and 75dh miles.
If the standard rate of .77 had been offered with the same .10fsc, and 100dh miles, the poster would have ended up doing the job for .69cpm.
As it stood, the run would have ended up being .67cpm.
Two cents less per mile than a standard offer, and yet the writer was miffed.
That's fine, perhaps those 2cents made the difference between profitable and unprofitable, however, the perplexing part is that there is whining.
At least the writer got the offer. From the sounds of all the trucks sitting, many would likely have been happy to get that offer.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
We are with TriState. We have friends sitting in Toledo since before Christmas. They were 6 on board now 1st out. Offered one 57 mile load.
We have had 2 loads totaling 1100 miles since Dec 29th. It is going to be bad until after the 20th for all of us expediters I don't think it matters which company your with frieght just isn't moving.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
I'm curious as to what you think will happen after the 20th... besides the 21st.

I guess thats when the auto freight will start up again. No doubt they don't have any inventory on hand so that might give us a bump.

No my drivers were not offered a first out or they would have taken it. Anything over 100 miles does not come with a first out. They each got offers to go from Ohio to MI and MI to OH where they would have sat for most of the week.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
With all of this said, if the big three are on shut down for several weeks, why would anyone sit in the capital of the big three waiting on a load? (not talking about being first out) That's kind of the same as going to Washington DC to talk to your Senator during the Xmas holidays.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Pj, that math is tuff on a lotta us fellas. But, with fuel costs at bout ten cent for vans I can't figgure what is wrong with a sixty cent net for a while.

Jazbo, y'all type friendly now, less not insult anyone.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Things are turning around for my fleet this week. Each truck is loaded at this hour. The team is finishing up a two man in a truck job for a Panther employee thats moving from St. Paul to Seville. They finished the week at 1800 total miles with a $300 dollar hand load. Not too bad each rate was $1.55 a mile. The two solo's just got out today for the first time since Christmas. I am up to five loads since New Years day.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Biz doesn't seem too bad considering the doom and gloom....keep your head on right and know what bump to hump, a person just may make a buck or three.....:p

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Once I drop my current load I'll be at 1943 loaded for the week .... I just lost a 100+ mile load I was gonna do after this one because I've been stuck at the border for almost 3 hours, waiting for clearance ...... Looks like I may have to deliver this one tomorrow, as the customer wants to leave .... So maybe some layover .... And who knows what tomorrow might bring ....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Once I drop my current load I'll be at 1943 loaded for the week .... I just lost a 100+ mile load I was gonna do after this one because I've been stuck at the border for almost 3 hours, waiting for clearance ...... Looks like I may have to deliver this one tomorrow, as the customer wants to leave .... So maybe some layover .... And who knows what tomorrow might bring ....:D

Take a break you have some heavy snow coming your way...am sending it to ya from Waterloo Iowa!!

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
I think the economic clog is loosening up a little or something. I haven't seen so many new cars driving around since last spring.

Somebody is loaning money...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
well i am still here.

got a call for a rescue run to la but it fell thru.
got a mini for toyota that paid really well for the 1 loaded mile.

been ro walmart already. downloading new vid and music into the ipod.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Take a break you have some heavy snow coming your way...am sending it to ya from Waterloo Iowa!!
OVM,

Oh thanks alot - I'm gonna take your advice .... but now I gotta go home and plow the driveway .... :D ....

I finally managed to get cleared to cross ... and even though I was scheduled to deliver at 06:00 Sat (with an approved layover) I went over to the cons and found that there were some guys still in there .... and managed to get them to unload me ... I lose out on a little layover pay ..... but I'm free to head for the barn.

Gonna grab some shuteye here in Perrysburg before heading home ....... hopefully give 'em a chance to clear some of that white stuff off the toll road before I head out in the morning .......

Last edited:

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What's up? Bad enough there is so little freight, now I find I just joined in Jan. 2008. Talk about getting bumped down!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
No freight in Florida don't come here. I haven't had a load since Dec 28th. I am goin north on Sunday once this blizzard clears. The only thing keepin me down here is the weather. Today's Forecast 77 with winds 5-10 mph. down in sunny florida
:D
No freight in the near term forecast either

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Chef, you need to explain why you never take empty moves and always move 'on your own nickel".
With Bolt, if you accept an empty move, and take their whopping .10/mile, you lose your board position and automatically go to the bottom of the list on whatever board your moving to.
IF you move on your own you keep the board position from the previous board. Your #1 position where ever you go.
That might explain why some sit somewhere thinking their #1 but get no loads. Someone has crept in behind them with a #1 from another board and basically stole a load out from under them.
You'd never even know they were there unless they parked next to ya............