Any Howard Stern/Bubba army fans in the EO world

jw-bama

Seasoned Expediter

This member should be censured for the unwarranted personal attack & innuendo against Greg. Disagree with the words if you wish, but to assassinate the character is against the Code of Conduct [and the rules of civilized society.] :mad:

H L Mencken said "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public" and
Howard Stern is proof that he was correct.

guess that means greg should be banned also. he wished death on someone!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
guess that means greg should be banned also. he wished death on someone!

You made unsupportable aspersions about another member, Greg did not.
The Code of Conduct doesn't apply to statements made about celebrities and/or politicians, unless they happen to be members.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
thanks blizzard and bama .....just calling a spade a spade ...didnt wish some one DEAD...thats why people dont like stern...THE TRUTH HURTS ..all howard is asyin is what we all are thinking.......

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
yes greg i am one of those fans.....i am a adult man i love manly things .....YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THE MAN and u r wishing him dead...what u know of him obivisuly is what u HEAR ..whats ur hang up w/ him im not holding my radio to ur hear ..u got all flapped apart not me...i was simply askin my other fellow EO members if they listen ...wich i think is a warranted question ..guarntee there is ALOT of stern fans out there...min. 36 million they say!!!!
dont hear me rambling on wishing death on rush or those money grubbin bible knockers ... i dont like them ..just dont listen..I have my thing they have theres.......I ASKED IF ANYONE LISTENED TO THEM wasnt asking for people to put them down i was looking for a postive conversation with people who like him and you "stern hatters" turned this into a ****in match i didnt ask for your negative 2 cents, if u didnt listen dont respond ......u started cussin not me ..
i sure hit a raw nerve w/ yah thats why i said what i said ...

BOBOOOOEY TO YOU..if you would lighten up a little u would know what that means....:) ( its not a bad thing either)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
thanks blizzard and bama .....just calling a spade a spade ...didnt wish some one DEAD...thats why people dont like stern...THE TRUTH HURTS ..all howard is asyin is what we all are thinking.......

If wishing people dead were reason to get banned, there are many here [including several moderators] who'd be long gone.
People don't like Stern bc he's crude, rude, & obnoxious - apparently, lots of other people enjoy that, that's why there are so many stations to choose from.
But, no, what Stern is sayin is NOT what "we all" are thinkin.
The more important issue, IMO, is that what you said was unfounded and despicable, and you don't seem to understand the difference between Greg's comments and yours.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
cheri,
its the truth now isnt it ......not not excatly him (greg) but people in genral.
got rush limbaugh rambling about anti drug use for years whamo guess what he turns out to be a pill freak ..john edwards flappin his gums about how good he is ..good enough to run for president ...whamo hes a cheating baby makinn fool .....that was my point ..when somebody gets so heated up about a simple thread. theres more to it than there saying...wasnt excattly callin him a kid toucher or anything i was makin a point....why was he getting so upset over a radio personality to wish him dead.....GUARNTEE YOU Howard stern is a better person in morals than you. and me...what u hear is an act b4 u slam him ...read up on him....him and his wife spend alot of time an money on rescued animals ..and other causes,,HE IS NOTHING WHAT U THINK...

antwolf

Not a Member
Howard Stern is a graduate of Harvard. Let me see, where did Rush Limbaugh graduate from? lol. Howard is a decent guy in real life. It is just people like Greg who can't seem to separate the radio persona from the real life person. Heck, even Rush Limbaugh is laughing his self all the way to the bank by tricking his audience into believing that he is a die hard conservative. It's just radio.

Been a while since I posted, but had to jump in on the Howard Band Wagon here. Long time listener since his NBC days. Howard graduated from Boston University, not Harvard. Like someone else posted, you don't like him, then don't listen to him. But Howard is such a marketing genius that sometimes people tune in just to see what he's going to say next. Furthermore, I found out about the twin towers being attacked by terrorists listening to Howard Stern, turned on the TV and watched in horror as the second tower collapsed. This man was on the air well past his allotted broadcast reporting on this horrendous attack like no reporter I've ever heard before. For me, it will be a sad day when this man retires from show business, with the emphasis on the show.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Asjssl, the only one that seems to be getting worked up here is you. You aren't actually surprised that those that don't like him would post, ahh, are you? Geez dude, chill...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
cheri,
its the truth now isnt it ......not not excatly him (greg) but people in genral.
got rush limbaugh rambling about anti drug use for years whamo guess what he turns out to be a pill freak ..john edwards flappin his gums about how good he is ..good enough to run for president ...whamo hes a cheating baby makinn fool .....that was my point ..when somebody gets so heated up about a simple thread. theres more to it than there saying...wasnt excattly callin him a kid toucher or anything i was makin a point....why was he getting so upset over a radio personality to wish him dead.....GUARNTEE YOU Howard stern is a better person in morals than you. and me...what u hear is an act b4 u slam him ...read up on him....him and his wife spend alot of time an money on rescued animals ..and other causes,,HE IS NOTHING WHAT U THINK...
The hypocrisy of other people is irrelevant - your insinuations were specifically addressed to Greg, not about "people in genral", which is a violation of the Code of Conduct on EO. [An issue you keep ignoring.]
You "GUARNTEE" Howard Stern is a better person in morals than I am? Really? How exactly does your 'guarantee' work? And how can you possibly know what my morals are?
You're just digging yourself in deeper, dude. As Highway Star said, you're the one getting all lathered up - if you wanted only praise for your hero, you should have mentioned that in the first place. On a public forum, you'll get all kinds of opinions, that's how it works.
If you continue to insist that your comments were justified, I have no problem believing that Howard Stern's morals are better than yours, though.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Me, I'd rather listen to the sound track from "Dancing with the Stars", or something else as inane, than listen to talk radio, of any sort. Right, left, red, blue, up, down, they all speak with forked tongues and out the side or their mouths :p

But, each to their own, I guess. There's no explaining some people's tastes.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have all kinds of howard/bubba type talk programed into my XM radio...in the last 18 months i can say that if i have had any of it on more then 2-3 hours total, thats an overstatement...it just doesn't appeal to me anymore...as for the other "talk", political stuff..for a while i have stayed alot closer to the "Local" talk radio shops from my hometown....at least they are dealing with issues that i can pickup the phone and call a councilperson or county commissioner and get to speak with them on my opinions...sorry for the drift there...

it certainly is a matter of ones own taste and while some enjoy howard, other don't...but as for speaking to howards morals being better then anyone elses, specially when the one speaking has no idea of who he is talking to...thats a little over the top......

housefull

Seasoned Expediter
Howard Stern is a Sick Pervert and I Refuse to Listen to Him. I Can't see how any Radio Station would actually Pay him all that Money just to talk Dirty on the Radio!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I could not look myself in the mirror every morning if I made my living being disgusting. A man should take pride in a life well lived not how much money and toys he amasses. I can't believe that you have that attitude, Rocket, I thought better of you than that. You dissapoint me.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Howard Stern, The Simpsons, The Kardashians et al are basically havens for those who are easily amused. Thankfully there are plenty of choices with substance and intelligence so those shows can be given their due, ignoring.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I could not look myself in the mirror every morning if I made my living being disgusting. A man should take pride in a life well lived not how much money and toys he amasses. I can't believe that you have that attitude, Rocket, I thought better of you than that. You dissapoint me.

I'm sorry I have disappointed you. I have listened to Howard Stern on and off for years. I still do sometimes. I get offended occasionally too and I do not condone everything he and his cast of characters say. He does, however, exercise his right to free speech. If that reason alone isn't a good enough reason to let him do his thing, I don't know what is. If you have listened to him for any length of time, you know most of what goes on on his show is not all smutty or perverse. The bottom line is people pay to hear it.
So let's see...He exercises his right to free speech under the first amendment. His show is only available via subscription, meaning if you don't want to hear you don't have to subscibe SiriusXM. In the event you do choose to subscribe for other content, you can choose not to stop on channels 100 and 101.