Boo ... its October

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL...so you are like the day cabber driver...as compared to OTR driver...OTR some have never experienced PU and Delivery...just bump and hook....

Yep that's me! Reminds me daily that I'm getting old

King of short runs.
second load this week that picked around 7pm and run about 650 miles....took everything I had to get it done....its getting harder every year....just having a hard time with them late picking up loads....too long being awake...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
second load this week that picked around 7pm and run about 650 miles....took everything I had to get it done....its getting harder every year....just having a hard time with them late picking up loads....too long being awake...

Yep I think hard on those pick ups after 5pm

King of short runs.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

King of short runs.
Murray and I have it worked out about anything over 700 miles after 5pm is pretty much a no go IF it is direct....put a few extra for a power nap...changes the whole picture...and final delivery point has to be taken into consideration as well....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

King of short runs.
went past your crack delivery last night on route 6?...Carlex

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL...so you are like the day cabber driver...as compared to OTR driver...OTR some have never experienced PU and Delivery...just bump and hook....

King of short runs.
Getting older or doing this too long .....not sure which . Although these late nighters are never easy . I'm currently waiting on an 8 o'clock pick up here in Green Bay going 500 . Not looking forward to it.

Reactions: NorthernBill

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

King of short runs.
Getting older or doing this too long .....not sure which . Although these late nighters are never easy . I'm currently waiting on an 8 o'clock pick up here in Green Bay going 500 . Not looking forward to it.
depends if ya got a nap in just before......depends on delivery time I guess...thats what 8-9 hrs as the crow flies...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

King of short runs.
P/U and delivery can be a royal p.i.a. sometimes.
I'm doing it alot lately. That's why I enjoy going OTR once or twice a week.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

King of short runs.
yep been there, done that....thats a young mans game....IMO

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
yep been there, done that....thats a young mans game....IMO
This entire industry is a young man's game...... I am sooooo done!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I swear Judy was complaining about needing something to do, how about co-driver? Rediscover your youth!!

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
2 more squares finished on my afghan... 28 to go! This might be the winter I actually finish it! lol

I don't see any squares.

images