May Flowers

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly if you don't need to shower credits why would anyone fuel up there

Yeah, I'm pretty much a price watcher now. As long as I have the funds available, the J is just a place to do my business and get free ice if just passing through. How many shower credits at that price does one person need. Heck I even filled up for $1.99 a few miles before dropping off and settling in at my current J which was 41 cents more

Reactions: brokcanadian

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
*Update Time*
5/2 - Moberly MO to Chillicothe OH - 670 Paid Miles
5/3 - Huber Heights OH to Albion IN - 245 Paid Miles
5/3 - Sturgis MI to Loudon TN - 643 Paid Miles
5/4 - Knoxville TN to Cherry Hill NJ - 659 Paid Miles
5/6 - Warminster PA to Zeeland MI - 781 Paid Miles
5/9 - La Porte IN to Mason OH - 310 Paid Miles
5/10 - Erlanger KY to St Augustine FL - 875 Paid Miles
5/11 - St Augustine FL to North Charleston SC - 286 Paid Miles
5/12 - Canceled Load - TONU Paid
5/12 - Sumter SC to Joliet IL - 873 Paid Miles
5/13 to 5/17 - Home Time
5/18 - Earth City MO to Owings Mills MD - 873 Paid Miles
5/19 - Baltimore MD to Andover KS - 1260 Paid Miles
For real? :eek:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well finally found someone to take the20 boxes off my hands or it was wait till Monday and deal with Boston traffic... Between security coordinator , event coordinator , convention manager... And Major League Baseball event manager and the list goes on
And pocketed almost a $100 bill for my trouble.... But all in all just another day in the life of an expeditor!

Don't forget to mail Murray his cut of that hundred dollar bill. Is that, what, twenty percent? lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I'm pretty much a price watcher now. As long as I have the funds available, the J is just a place to do my business and get free ice if just passing through. How many shower credits at that price does one person need. Heck I even filled up for $1.99 a few miles before dropping off and settling in at my current J which was 41 cents more
especially you L1ers....with the shower deal ya have...now to get you cooking a bit more...and you just might survive this crap storm we are in....:p

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Murray takes no cut of any accessory charge...:)....

Unless we can get something like $100 for an hour's labor. And if that required something like 6 calls, 9 emails and reworking a contract. In that case, yes. A slice of $100 per hour helps pay for the work we put into the assessorial item. But many times, not.

Or if standard detention pays a van $20-$25 an hour, and if we can negotiate a higher rate.
Same principle. Work for the driver as hard as the driver works for you.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up a tub of ice cream, chocolate with fudge and chunks of pure chocolate. Before I knew it I'd eaten half...suddenly I realized I didn't have an address, and had to go back to the shipper to get it...i heard the conversation over the phone as the angry customer started swearing about how long it had already taken, then started talking about how bad the owner was at running her business and canceled the order..then I woke up

Hope I get a run soon, I'm losin it

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Better then restaurant food... $$$$$

The ready meals I picked up may have been a promotional sale. But at about $2 I grabbed a few to try out. Pretty good and filling. Also, first time I ever used the J microwave. Pretty nice that you make it right in the bag, don't even have to open it. 1 min and dinner time. Sure beats cold chef Boyardee out of a can. Yeah, I eat it cold lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The ready meals I picked up may have been a promotional sale. But at about $2 I grabbed a few to try out. Pretty good and filling. Also, first time I ever used the J microwave. Pretty nice that you make it right in the bag, don't even have to open it. 1 min and dinner time. Sure beats cold chef Boyardee out of a can. Yeah, I eat it cold lol.
I've been doing Nutrisystem last 5 yrs...got the likes and dislikes put away...pretty same thing...MRE's....it ain't mamma's cooking but have had worse....it travels well no fridge needed...hard to beat 28 days meals for $200 bucks..also any Speedway, Caseys, Sheetz has mic's as well...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning from Chicapee Ma Walmart....sunshine, blue sky....not expecting much being a Monday...BUT being pretty much last week of month and Memorial Day this weekend coming....could be another DOH week...

13244611_1094625203956689_4120384027374864037_n.jpg