August. Where you at,

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When the company I run for first started to use the app I put it on my tmobile android tablet, and it worked fine where I had service, that particular tablet would only do 4g and lte data, so I had large areas where I would have no service on it.

An iPad on att would not have that limitation so there should be no issues.

Bet they are not going to let the straight truck drivers ditch the Qualcomm......

Reactions: scottm4211

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay....I was their Guinea Pig today. That was interesting, had to think outa the box to get the Load/Pay info over to my IPad thru the Installed App. The Sylectus App couldn't send a Typed Message to my IPad...(like: 2 NB Lanes on I75 Closed down), but can send the load and a Pay Info in Fragments. I told them nope, that's not going to work for me! So then we replaced the IPAD Cellular Number at Bolt with my Email address it shot it all right over!!! YIPEE! use my IPad or Cell Phone Cellular Number...nope, used my email and it shot it all over. Just trial and error. Don't ever say to me something won't work until you've exhausted even the least likely way. The Tech guy and I agreed Sylectus and this Mobile App need to do some serious tweaking.
I pulled my Qualcomm...it's been with me since June 2011. Found a lost earring!
Now, since I'm here, they're removing my Old Bolt Logos and slappin on 3 New.
Had to turn down an Alabama Load whilst all this was happening.
Now I can put that $1560 QC annual savings into my a new Espar D4 Heater.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 38

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Okay....I was their Guinea Pig today. That was interesting, had to think outa the box to get the Load/Pay info over to my IPad thru the Installed App. The Sylectus App couldn't send a Typed Message to my IPad...(like: 2 NB Lanes on I75 Closed down), but can send the load and a Pay Info in Fragments. I told them nope, that's not going to work for me! So then we replaced the IPAD Cellular Number at Bolt with my Email address it shot it all right over!!! YIPEE! use my IPad or Cell Phone Cellular Number...nope, used my email and it shot it all over. Just trial and error. Don't ever say to me something won't work until you've exhausted even the least likely way. The Tech guy and I agreed Sylectus and this Mobile App need to do some serious tweaking.
I pulled my Qualcomm...it's been with me since June 2011. Found a lost earring!
Now, since I'm here, they're removing my Old Bolt Logos and slappin on 3 New.
Had to turn down an Alabama Load whilst all this was happening.
Now I can put that $1560 QC annual savings into my a new Espar D4 Heater.

Have change your handle from Vandriver2 to. Bulldog. You got your teeth in this and didn't let go. As the saying goes: "You Go Girl"!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Or ...it is Monday ... yes that means Orientation ...Yes ..thats right GO right to office .. D R is training Fresh Blood .. go in the Driver Lounge and talk to Present Drivers in there that might have phone APP .. and then when D R comes out of class ....Corner them and Demand answers .... I don't play the waiting for return phone call Game .... of course NOW I know longer have a need to call in about anything ... and a side note I don't give out any ones phone number ... thats personnal info ...
Oh.. still in NC
Mark, absolutely. I never meant for you to give out your friends' phone numbers. What I meant was that you could facilitate the connection somehow, maybe get her number and ask one of your friends to call if they want to.

Btw, I've been wanting to get your number to chat with you for a loooong time now, but I haven't run into you yet. And even though I have the numbers and chat occasionally with some of your frinends, I haven't asked them give me your number.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Mark, absolutely. I never meant for you to give out your friends' phone numbers. What I meant was that you could facilitate the connection somehow, maybe get her number and ask one of your friends to call if they want to.

Btw, I've been wanting to get your number to chat with you for a loooong time now, but I haven't run into you yet. And even though I have the numbers and chat occasionally with some of your frinends, I haven't asked them give me your number.
I'll give it to ya...*snicker*

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
The iPad won't kill your battery and i guarantee its more reliable than a qc.
Scott, I don't think it is more reliable.

I have used qualcomms of all kinds and apps on the phone. The best was the old 2 piece qualcomm, unless you were in a building or under a tree. The mcp added an option besides the satellite you could have another antenna that works on the cellular network. But that brought more complexity, windows powered junk that took forever to boot up etc.

The apps are limited by the data network. I go lots of places where the data is poor. But the most annoying thing is that I have no data connection while I yapp on the phone. That means that during my 2 hour conversations while on loads my position is not updated, so often I get asked where I am.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

No problem ...
Lol.... Who started the Rumor that Ovm has friends .... :p

Reactions: OntarioVanMan