August. Where you at,

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have sent out numerous emails this morning to Bolt employees (and Amber in IT) asking these exact questions.
Thanks for your Reply.
Right now .... I am Smiling ( big smile ) lol .... I don't miss the run-around on the phone or NO one in D R returning my calls... I have several friends at Bolt still that have the phone app. and they seem to like it ... except when they have No Service on phone ...then How does Bolt know exactly where you are at .? Or how do they connect with you about a load... no qualcom no phone .. ? .... The Bigger ? is why is any company charging more than $ 10. a week for qualcom use .. mine doesn't ....reason ..... because That is their cost ... they don't use the Qualcom as an Income to the Carrier ..... now the (state farm) ? is why are YOU paying $ 30. a week for Qualcom fee .......:D
Oh to be Politically correct ..lol I am at J in Haw River , NC ..:p

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does the app show up on iTunes or is it only for authorized users? I'd still want to try and download it then you'd know for sure. It'd say device is not compatible.
I'd love to try to attain this App Scott...but wth, no one is returning my calls, no one is replying to emailed questions such as this.
I even went thru FB, found the Tech at Bolt and Messaged her. Lord, what we have to go thru to get answers.
I have yet to speak to anyone.

Reactions: ntimevan

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ask bolt if the app is for I-Phone or for Android.
I have asked via email 3 different people, FB and Voicemail. No one is Home!
All of the questions you've posed such as a simple "what TYPE of Smart Phone would I need"?
"Will the $30 weekly Deduction for the QC be dropped and no cost added for this App?"
Still, no reply.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have asked via email 3 different people, FB and Voicemail. No one is Home!
All of the questions you've posed such as a simple "what TYPE of Smart Phone would I need"?
"Will the $30 weekly Deduction for the QC be dropped and no cost added for this App?"
Still, no reply.
Maybe ask Ntimevan to let you talk with one of his friends that have the app. You probably will find more from someone like that than from bolt.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right now .... I am Smiling ( big smile ) lol .... I don't miss the run-around on the phone or NO one in D R returning my calls... I have several friends at Bolt still that have the phone app. and they seem to like it ... except when they have No Service on phone ...then How does Bolt know exactly where you are at .? Or how do they connect with you about a load... no qualcom no phone .. ? .... The Bigger ? is why is any company charging more than $ 10. a week for qualcom use .. mine doesn't ....reason ..... because That is their cost ... they don't use the Qualcom as an Income to the Carrier ..... now the (state farm) ? is why are YOU paying $ 30. a week for Qualcom fee .......:D
Oh to be Politically correct ..lol I am at J in Haw River , NC ..:p
I hear Ya. I have three ways of communicating with someone at Bolt when I'm otr.
Email via IPad using AT&T, Verizon Cell Phone (pretty darned good National Coverage) or the QC, which for the most part has service 80% of the time.
Bolt's biggest problem I see is employees spread too thin...so the Driver waits a full day or more to get their reply. The only thing I could do is drive up there and nab Cody or Curt with my questions. It's a pretty sad way they do business, Bolt-Express. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe ask Ntimevan to let you talk with one of his friends that have the app. You probably will find more from someone like that than from bolt.
Or ...it is Monday ... yes that means Orientation ...Yes ..thats right GO right to office .. D R is training Fresh Blood .. go in the Driver Lounge and talk to Present Drivers in there that might have phone APP .. and then when D R comes out of class ....Corner them and Demand answers .... I don't play the waiting for return phone call Game .... of course NOW I know longer have a need to call in about anything ... and a side note I don't give out any ones phone number ... thats personnal info ...
Oh.. still in NC

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you find out what the app is called you can try downloading it yourself. It might be the sylectus mobile app.
I did, it is.
I am astounded at who works in these positions at these businesses.
I just need the Corporate ID in order to Log In.
So...I am assuming no one has ever posed this IPad/App question to Driver Realtions prior to me.
The Office is ABuzzz. Good, they need to learn. Ya, I'm a bit frustrated. They need more help and knowledge.
If another Driver hadn't told me about this QC replacement APP
I'd have continued to pay $130/month for the next 4-8 years!!! Sheesh!

Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Or ...it is Monday ... yes that means Orientation ...Yes ..thats right GO right to office .. D R is training Fresh Blood .. go in the Driver Lounge and talk to Present Drivers in there that might have phone APP .. and then when D R comes out of class ....Corner them and Demand answers .... I don't play the waiting for return phone call Game .... of course NOW I know longer have a need to call in about anything ... and a side note I don't give out any ones phone number ... thats personnal info ...
Oh.. still in NC
Finally, Dave was forwarded my many emails with questions. Ya, I've known for 4.5 years now when Orientation is held....they need more help then.
WHY oh WHY wouldn't they let Drivers know about this APP to save themselves $130 Monthly.
I've downloaded or uploaded the APP onto my IPad that Cody said couldn't be done and I'd have to purchase a Smart Phone....now just need the Corporate ID to Log On.
....more waiting.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh.. still in NC
How long in NC?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally, Dave was forwarded my many emails with questions. Ya, I've known for 4.5 years now when Orientation is held....they need more help then.
WHY oh WHY wouldn't they let Drivers know about this APP to save themselves $130 Monthly.
I've downloaded or uploaded the APP onto my IPad that Cody said couldn't be done and I'd have to purchase a Smart Phone....now just need the Corporate ID to Log On.
....more waiting.
I just checked a Nexus 7 tablet (android) and the sylectus mobile app is also available for it. Go figure lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unloaded Friday ... in NE corner of state ... relocated on my dime for better Pond position ... will be out of Haw River today loaded or not... (paid) 24 hour rule does not involve the weekends ... but I can understand that ... also Ovm and his Horseshoe are close by ....:p
watch over your shoulder.....LOL

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just checked a Nexus 7 tablet (android) and the sylectus mobile app is also available for it. Go figure lol
Several people at Bolt are saying it doesn't work on IPads or Tablets.
Dave, Cody and Curt. I have installed the App, I have typed in the Corporate Code that Dave gave me but said it doesn't work on IPads. I typed my name in and am now waiting for "Approval by Company".
Have tried to speak with Cody and or Curt and both are unavailable. They're in Orientation.
WHY if the App is installed wouldn't it work on my IPad?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Several people at Bolt are saying it doesn't work on IPads or Tablets.
Dave, Cody and Curt. I have installed the App, I have typed in the Corporate Code that Dave gave me but said it doesn't work on IPads. I typed my name in and am now waiting for "Approval by Company".
Have tried to speak with Cody and or Curt and both are unavailable. They're in Orientation.
WHY if the App is installed wouldn't it work on my IPad?
Do you know if your iPad has a SIM card or is there a phone number associated with it? It'd show on your Verizon bill. At least you're finding out whether this is an option.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aa far as I know you can't make calls on iPads so there obviously are some differences between that and a smartphone.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you know if your iPad has a SIM card or is there a phone number associated with it? It'd show on your Verizon bill. At least you're finding out whether this is an option.
Yes there is a ph. Number associated with my IPad.
No, my LG Cell phone is Through Verizon.
My IPad is AT&T.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have spoken to friends thru my IPad...Fb Messanger.
But I have had the same Verizon Cell Plan, Cell phone for 4.5 years with Bolt.
Why do they need me to get a new phone to talk to me.
They can't talk to me over the QC... But can message me, just like on both my cell phone and IPad via Email anywhere in the US.
I only use the QC to retrieve Load/Pay Info..
That's all this App should do I'd guess is relay me the info and I hit buttons like I am right now on my IPad typing this.
I think Driver Relations is confused as to what the IPad can and does do. I use it for everything minus calling to hear a voice.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aa far as I know you can't make calls on iPads so there obviously are some differences between that and a smartphone.
I can call someone on my IPad via Fb Messanger.
But I don't. I use my Verizon cell phone to talk to people at Bolt or I email them using my IPad.