Zach Johnson wins the Masters ?

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I had never heard of this guy and had a hard time pulling for him until it was half over today. He played well and handled the pressure great. I liked his attitude in the interview afterwards as well. Tiger played well but not good enough. I hate to see someone beat themselves like Phil did last year at Wingfoot and that didn't happen today. The course was the real winner all four days. I love to watch the Masters. The TV coverage is the best and commercials are few.

I keep my clubs in my truck if anyone else does and can hook up on a slow weekend that would be great. I have played several times while out on weekends.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some of the world's top golfers have buckled under the pressure of having Tiger breathing down their necks. This kid just played his game. Tiger had some problems, but he's won before under such circumstances.

So, it will be interesting to see where Zach goes from here. Does he fade into the wood work, think Sandy Lyle, or can he become one of the top guys? The field is so competitive that it's difficult to stay at the top. How many players, besides Tiger, are truly dominant?

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Highway,

I completely agree with your post. I like what I saw in Zack this weekend and hope he is not a one shot wonder. It's time for some NEW Blood to come in and challenge the Top dogs just to keep it interesting. Zack may be the one if he can keep his head the way he did this weekend. Very impressive young man.

Danny

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
"The field is so competitive that it's difficult to stay at the top. How many players, besides Tiger, are truly dominant?"

No doubt and no one. It is such a different game now. The competition is so deep because the rewards are so high. I have been trying to find someone to pull for besides Mickelson for a while. I am not against Tiger but I do love to see someone be able to compete with him.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
He played very well. That's the kind of golf I prefer to watch; where the players actually have to think their way around the course.
Weekly PGA Tour golf has become boring; too many booming drives and easy birdies.
Jerry Kelly's is a pretty good golfer and enjoyable to watch.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
Yes I agree, Jerry Kelly is fun to watch. He has an attitude and a bit of a temper with himself. Its refreshing to watch someone who isn't so robotic as many today are.