You think diesel i expensive?

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
All these examples do NOT imply that diesel is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!
(At least, I was...)

Compared with Diesel.......

Think a gallon of diesel is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ............$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ...... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 ......$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers don't even know the source

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.
Someone calculated the cost of the ink at................
(you won't believe it....but it is true........)
$5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump,be glad your truck doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God forbid, Printer Ink!

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I've seen these types of lists before. The water I pretty much agree on. I'm not sure of the %, but in a lot of cases tap water from a faucett is just as good as bottled water.

Having said that, I have awesome water & that's one of the reasons I like being local, or at least not out to where I can't refill at home for too long. I paid a few thousand for my purification system. At the rate I drink water I've got to believe I've paid for that thing many times over by now.

As for the other stuff, a lot of the cost is shipping. Also, it's not used in the quantities fuel is or the price would be a lot lower.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Seen similar comparisons/articles just as this over the years......

Scope, Nyquil, Whiteout, Gatorade, Tea, and Yes, even Pepto Bismol are not as important to the American Economy as Diesel Fuel and Gasoline is.

If I have bad breath, too bad, put up with it.....

If I make a mistake on a paper I'm writing, I'll just scribble through it and hope the Prof doesn't mind, or just start over.

If I'm out working in the yard, or working out, and Gatorade or Iced Tea is $25 a gallon, I'll just drink some water from the Faucet.

If my tummy hurts and Pepto Bismol is costing me $200 a gallon, I'll go get a .79 cent roll of Tums.

If I get a cold and Nyquil is $180 a gallon, I'll just take some generic aspirin and chicken soup it out til I get better.

If I had to buy ink the gallon and the price was $5,000 a gallon, I'd be at the Dollar Store quicker than snot buying me a pack of 10 pencils for $1.00.

If I need Brake Fluid for my Truck and it's $30 a gallon, I'll just cut a whole in the floorboard and Fred Flintstone it..........(Just kidding on that one!!! But, If one needs to buy brake fluid by the "Gallon", then they have more problems with their Brakes than just Brake Fluid!!)

All in All, these comparisons are just an annoyance to the Companies and Individual Drivers when it comes to the $$$ it is costing them to operate with these high Fuel prices. We can all live and operate our vehicles without Iced Tea, Gatorade, Whiteout, Ink, and Nyquil. Those are basically a "Luxury Item" in our lives.

Fuel is Necessity that we cannot do without......