Would this work??

eyegor

Seasoned Expediter
Total novice checking in after lurking for over a year. I'm searching these forums constantly for help and guidance but didn't find one like this. This forum is a great resource. I'm considering a career change and I'm wondering if the following old school set-up would still work:
C-unit with coffin or 48-60" sleeper under 26k. Obviously it would need to be dock high and carry 5k. I'm thinking that I could run this set-up without upgrading my current CDL-C. I may have to add air brakes because I don't know if you could build this style truck with hydraulics. I don't have a specific truck in mind. This would probably have to be spec'd and ordered.

To be honest, I think I would rather run a Sprinter, but have come to believe the earning potential is better in the larger units. I also doubt if I could make a living driving a "b" unit for an owner. For the few fleets that have "c" units I believe all the owners want CDL-B drivers. Understandable. Thank You all for helping others enter the ranks of Professional Drivers.