WiFi calling

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anyone use WiFi calling through their carrier? (not Skype or WhatsApp) We have some dead spots in our house and looking to see if this is a reliable solution.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried it on tmobile a couple years ago. I missed two calls in about three hours, the phone did not ring. I haven't tried it since.

Reactions: scottm4211

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have been using it for a long time from Sprint. Works fine, no difference in quality if it is over the cell or wifi. The only issue that I had, but it might be how Sprint implemented it, is that it won't switch a call from one to the other on the fly. If i start a call in my house over the wifi and then i leave the house, it will drop the call when I get out of range instead of switching over to the cell.
I have the same issue as you, poor signal in the house, and some of the calls go directly to voice mail. But wifi calling took care of that.

Reactions: scottm4211

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks FV. This is something I need for the house only (as we live so near the border if the phone stays on AT&T it tends to miss calls due to weak signal) Out on the road I'm not worried about.