who should i lease to ?

ianinmiami

Expert Expediter
i am new to the expeditor field i have many miles in semi truck, many miles local container delivery, motorcycle auto delivery and so forth. well i am going to buy a newer low use van or should i get a newer low use isuzu npr or small box truck i want to run the central states i am out of peoria il . i talked to conway but they seem not to be what i want , mid states sounds ok, i need help i am serious about the field and confused as heck . thanks for helping me out fellow drivers. i would like to make around $1000+ a week take home.

ian

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Living in Peoria is a decent area for expediting.I would reccommend in the beginning to get the low use van. You didn!t say if you were going to run as a solo or team so I assume you will be solo.
The major playes in the expediting field are ,FDX Custom Critical, Tri State,Panther 2,Landstat Express America, and Conway. There are also some smaller companies that have good reputations which may work out good for you to stay in you region. It!s possible to bring in $1000 per week after expenses but you may need to stay away from home longer then you like. Do your own little survry if you have the time,go out on I 80 and see what expediting company you see the most.
If possible talk to the drivers of these vehicles. A good friend of mine lives in St Louis and he has a van,he comes frequently to Peoria or Decatur for loads. I don!t want to discourage you but some companies are cutting back on their van fleet,so before you buy anything you might want to check with who you think you will lease to and ask them if they see a future in Van freight.With the new logbook rules having an impact on larger vehicles you may see a surge in van business.Good Luck