Who knows Hino's

D Green

Expert Expediter
Weave & mike N are both correct, about the UD's. The ones I owned were tough, but after 300k miles, you get worried about going to W.Tx, or OK. Never saw a dealer in those places, luckily, never had any problems. Well, other that a water seperator bowl broke, couldn't find one in McAlester,OK, so just unhooked the fuel lines, and by-passed it until I got home.

As much disrespect as the 3126 gets, at least there are many service options.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wow thought I was the only one who knew about Iveco!s. Mark,back in the middle 1980!s I lived in your part of the world near Utica NY. I worked for a company in New Hartford NY and we needed a small truck to run around the country doing Cash Register installations at McDonalds restaurants. Over my objections the company bought an Iveco.
I wanted an International due to parts and service on a National basis.
Well that damn Iveco lived in Philadelphia at the only Iveco service facility on the east coast. It was an absolute nightmare to keep running and was it ever cold as the engine was a air cooled marine thing that had no heat.The heater was some Rube Goldberg affair that burned diesel, witch give heat plus fumes.I actually had guys threaten to quit on me if they had to go out on the road in that truck. It was an Itailan built truck,turned out the Senior VP had a connection with the dealership.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The only Iveco I know of to still exist does so behind the furniture factory where my mom works. It has been used as a storage trailer since its engine seized in 1987:eek: Perhaps it should go into the "Museum of Modern Mechanical Nightmares."
-Weave-

Sterling_owner

Expert Expediter
I see a few pop up on ebay from time to time for a few hundred $$$, most of them need a lot of work (duh!)

2 1999 Sterling Semis
2000 Ford F650 24ft box truck

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I've seen a bunch of expediter trucks on ebay. I don't think it's too smart an idea to buy any type of vehicle there sight unseen. I would not want to be contractually obligated to pay for something that someone described as decent that turns out to be a piece of garbage when picked up.
Unless the seller offers the option of not to buy when first looked at, and few do, I would not buy any vehicle there unless it were just something for parts, especially a highway truck. It's just too complex of a machine to buy without looking it over and testing it.
-Weave-

Had to check out the Iveco's on ebay:7 My god they still make them, but sell them only in Europe. Poor Europeans. This little gem of a van, called the "Daily" looks like something we are all familiar with, except in the case of Iveco probably breaks down daily:D

Sterling_owner

Expert Expediter
I have bought 3 trailers off ebay. I email the seller and make an offer to buy it off ebay, that way I can go check it out and if its cr@p, I can just walk away. I've had luck with all 3 trailers, and I bought my F650 a similar way off truck trader's website.

2 1999 Sterling Semis
2000 Ford F650 24ft box truck

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Heh. Iveco Daily. I am sure that means 'daily trip to repair shop' indeed! Although is is a nifty 'looking' van.

--
Mike N