Who are the expediting companies?

G

I work for a small company in Arkansas using my pickup w/shell. It's very slow and I need to work. I'd like to find a company that has O/O who need a driver for a cargo van.

G

There are several hundred, maybe only 20 or 30 worth even a call though. You need to find one that's strong in your area. Only a one or two accept pick-up trucks anymore. You'll make more with a cargo van and up!

G

There are several hundred, maybe only 20 or 30 worth even a call though. You need to find one that's strong in your area. Only a one or two accept pick-up trucks anymore. You'll make more with a cargo van and up!

CON-WAY NOW
ROBERTS EXPRESS
PANTHER II
LANDSTAR EXPRESS AMERICA
TRI-STATE EXPEDITED

Are some of the bigger ones. Good Luck!

THE X

G

Thanks. I'm trying to find a driving job in a cargo van for someone. Though I heard CTX uses pickups, but I can't find them on the web. I'll contact the others listed. I just don't want to go back driving big trucks again even though I have a valid CDL.

G

Hi Jeana, this is Jim Bunting. I am a field editor for Expedite Now, which is another part of this site. We have a classified ads section, in which there are ads from owner operators who are looking for drivers. These folks are all ready contracted to various companies in our business, (expediting) and if you have a CDL, you should look at the ads. They are in this site, simply go back to the main page and click on the classified section. Good Luck, and please keep us all informed as to your progress. Jim Bunting Field Editor.

G

try roberts express

we like roberts express - akron, oh. they are almost everywhere. call them at 1-800-ROBERTS.

renee

G

Thank you all for the information. You've given me alot to go on.

G

Oh No!!!!! Not them, it's true they use PU's but they'll also use you. They are the scourge of the expedite biz.

G

Mike-I gotta do something. Some of the companies with o/o's looking for drivers... well, let's put it this way-by the time I deduct my fuel cost and end of year taxes from the net-I could almost work at Burger King. Out at least 10 days for around $1,000/wk gross? That's only about $600 or a little more/week true net.