where is everyone

spiderwebbj

Expert Expediter
just wondering if everyone is out there working or just nothing to say? i'm just sitting with no loads to haul and getting discouraged.

prescat

Expert Expediter
We're fairly new to the real expedite business, (Team in a D Unit). Before that I was a Northeast Regional Co Driver. So far, we're very busy and happy with Panther II and I really believe that most companies are going to be what you make them. We researched expediting for 1 year before having the guts to try it. I used EO, went to truckstops and talked to a lot of people. It seems like all the bigger companies , Fed Ex, Panther, Landstar, Tri-State, Conway, all had people that were very happy and a share of "mal-contents". Thats how it is in any business. I have friends that are doing well with all those companies and we're doing well with Panther so far. We just figured that we'd get on the road and see for ourselves and we were more concerned about the truck/owner since we're waiting to see if we like it enough to purchase one ourselves eventually. I would be concerned about going out with a small local expedite company because you might find yourself stranded with no backhaul for a while. (Not us, because we will aggressively hit the boards for work...we're in it for the money, the scenery and travel are just the benefits). I also would like to thank the expeditors that started the business and paved the way for all the work there is now. Those early years with Roberts Ex 10 years ago must have been tough as the industry was started. I salute you all!