What will happen?

tbird165

Seasoned Expediter
I have been offered a job with a trucking company. Thing is they do not have a rider program so my wife who has always went OTR with me cant go with. The guy at the company said they do issue 1 week passes but no permanent rider program is available. I explained that my wife is an asset she just doesnt sit there and look pretty lol she does the paper work and helps me with navigation. The guy said that they dont allow that on a permanent basis only a week at a time and not back to back weeks. I am thinking its because of there insurance that they do not allow this. My question is what is the most legally that can happen if I was to bring my wife with me anyways and I got caught with her in the truck without company permission? And if you do it right what are the chances of that happening? Also should I ask if maybe I can pay for the differnece on the isurance to have her ride along with me? Or get my own to cover her? Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks for all the advice in advance

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please do not post the same topic in more than one forum. It splits up the responses and makes it more difficult for anyone interested to get the full story.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.