what companys will hire

windshadow

Expert Expediter
I am looking into getting my own truck .I have stated the by getting the paper work to get cleared to go into canada I have a 14 yrs old dui/felony the felony was do to an injury in the dui injury was a broken bone.I have filled out a genral online application on oe .I have been getting relies but they are verey vage about the 14 yr old problem . can anyone tell me if this past is going to realy set me back as to how many companies will take me on with my own truck.I will not be running canada from what I have read on the post canada will take your 1000.00 to check into it but it is not for sure you will get cleared what happend 14 yrs ago is the only thing in my past I know it is not good and I have learned from my mistake. any information would help before I go any further into getting a truck thanks .

windshadow

Expert Expediter
Hi scot.thanks for the reply. I have been thinking real hard on this my hart is into trucking as we have talked about on the phone.the cash to do this is there too, but it is to much of a risk when there are so many closed doors, 911 home land security has knocked alot of good people out of the driving force.I want to thank you for are phone talk and if more doors were open I would still go on with express-1 I just cant put all that cash on the line with only a few companys to pick from.the one that made up my mined not to get into this is also a good company they were up front with me like your self. in any case I will stay with ready mix I have worked out a deal with them to be off every other month for a week so I can fly up noth to visit with my dad this will work out. with the cash in bank making money I should still be able to retire in my 5 yr plan at the age of 53 not to bad for a felon just a bit of humor.sorry I will not see you at the show I was looking forward to meeting face to face.take care scot and good luck to every one getting into expedite I think it is a great way to on the road these days bill

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Shadow -
It is in your best interest to call the different companies that advertise on this site. Not all companies will require that you go into Canada. It is an issue that can be worked around in a lot of cases, and is probably not the end of the world.
- Scott