Weekend runs

VanMan

Expert Expediter
I would like to know how van drivers get weekend loads?I normally have to go home on weekends,because I can't see sitting at a truckstop from Friday night until Monday,burning gas,eating truckstop food,and relaxing in a van,if you will.HaHaHa !!How do y'all do it? And claim you make 1100 dollars a week.I take every load,and barely clear 300 dollars to the van.I can't tell you what discount expedite company I work for is.Help a driver out,because if it don't get better,I'm gone.:'(

tughillrunner

Expert Expediter
it's just luck of draw it's being at the right place at the right
time, other thing you want to do is get to know everybody at the company you drive for that will help you
get to know the dispatchers tell them how great they are , always say thanks for the load, all you want is to keep loaded and moving
and honey's works the best

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One Van Man to another... Doesn't your co. page you at home if something comes up? I have a load sitting in my van for an A.M. Delivery Monday morning! Last week started miserable as of Monday night only stoking about $600 but by Friday we ( my wife & I ) were busy as a fox in a hen house.Approx $2000 in 4 days!!!!..seems things are picking up somewhat in Ontario

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
tughillrunner....haha I call it greasing the wheels that grease mine!!

Also Get to know where the regular customers are and maybe track their shipping schedule if possible ( like end of month) I've been quite successful at return loads lately cuz of plain ole luck and due to the fact I am getting to know which ones ship to Ontario so I kinda play for them sometimes it works and sometimes it don't!