week-of-the-4th boredom

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
just wondering what other folks are doing to help pass the time
during this historically dead week? i'm mostly doing the "honey
do" thing. looking forward to tomorrow afternoon when my daughter
and 3 grandkids get to charlotte from ohio for a week-end visit.that should be fun! weel, i'm gonna get out of here-just wanted to get my feet wet by posting my first message. oh, by the way i run for nations express out of charlotte. look forwarsd to hearing from some of you other folks.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I HEAR THAT BOREDOM THING. WE TOOK THE WEEK OFF TO GET OUT OF THE TRUCK FOR A FEW DAYS. AFTER 10 WEEKS OUT ON THE ROAD. DID THE COOKOUT THING WITH THE RELATIVES AND ALL THAT STUFF. AND DID
SOME MAINTENANCE AND CLEAN UP ON THE TRUCK ETC. GOT BACK IN THE TRUCK TODAY AND PICKED UP A LOAD,BUT DOES NOT DELIVER TILL SUNDAY. SO BACK AT THE BORING HOME FRONT FOR ANOTHER DAY BEFORE WE TAKE OFF! CAN'T SAY I DID THE HONEY DO THING. WE SPEND 24/7 IN THE TRUCK. SO THE ONLY THING WE DO IS TRY AND STAY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER....

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just like never home.we came home took the week off,enjoyed the time out of the truck,dropped $470.00 to the local Freightliner dealer.for minor work with a labor rate of $69.00 per hour.
Ready to get back in the swing of things.don!t know why but we get along much better when out on the road.Had silly blowup tonight,so will sleep on the couch..LOL

BigB

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
well we had plenty to do, took the week off.and scraped the conway sticker's off or truck.what a pain in the #####.But getting away from c-way made it seem worth the time & b.s.Found this stuff at home depot called goff-off took the glue off easy.Just sitting around waitting to go to work for the new company.and looking foward to it.hope everyone had anice week off.Take it easy bigb......

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
To take those nasty placards off, use what is called an eraser. Its looks like a round eraser you put on a drill. I was done under an hour. I picked mine up at a auto parts store. Good luck on the new job.
Randy

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
refering to the sticker signs on trucks,

USE A HAIR DRYER, THEY JUST PEEL RIGHT OFF. IT IS THE SIMPLEST WAY AND NO STICKEM TO REMOVE EITHER.
fRANK

BigB

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks for the help,i hope we don't have to do that again any time soon.Bigb....

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
good morning, lawrence! sorry i couldn't get back to you sooner,
but i was lucky enuff to get a couple of trips after posting that
message. i'm with nations express, a locally owned expediting/air freight forwarder in charlotte, nc. i know several
of the principals of the firm, so i have some idea of their potential for becoming a viable force in this business. i first
started on the "other side" of the desk, in air freight operations(1987). just became a full-time expediter 2 yrs. ago.
i like the road a lot better; not nearly as much stress as on the
inside. look forward to hearing from you again soon, i will probably be at home most of the day, since i'm #4 on the charlotte board. see ya!

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is weird, but we only sat still on the Fourth, in Dallas. The rest the week was the busiest we've had in a long, long while. Grossed over $4,000. We checked into a motel in Dallas for the day, rested and soaked in the pool. It was GREAT. Then got our first run to California. Now sitting in Reno..waiting. But what a neat place to wait. Anyone else have a good "Fourth" week?