Wanting to know a few good companies??

danzman49

Expert Expediter
I .live in Ohio, I'll be retiring from a bakery, with a full pension. I'll be 50, and own my own big rig, an, "E" class. I've ran some expediting with my younger brother in a straight truck, and I liked it, so I wanna give it a try on my own.
I was just wondering if some veterans could give me some advice on which companies I should look into.
I"ll be retired in about 4 months, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Dan

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It is always good to be close to a companies headquarters.When there is a problem or mis-understanding you can go in person and work it out to everyone!s satisfaction. Living in Ohio,you have 3 of the major players in your state.FDX Custom Critical is in Green Ohio,Panther 2 is in Medina Ohio and Tri State is in the Toledo Ohio area.All of these companies drool over E units,(team or single). There are also several good oufits in lower Michigan you could look into.I have heard good things about Express One in Buchanan MI..All of the above advertise and recruit on this site so look around and see what you think is best,then try to talk to existing contractors with whom ever you are interested in and get a real feel for that outfit.Good Luck